Customer Service (Waiting) Apprentice The Red Lion
We are looking for a Customer Service (Waiting) Apprentice to join our team at our Red Lion pub. At Red Mist Leisure we want to deliver the best for our customers and continually exceed their expectations. We firmly believe in local, fresh and seasonal produce and we take great pride in our food and service.
Closing date: 01 Dec 2021
£224.00 - £285.12
Total hours per week: 32.00
Possible start date
01 Jan 2022
27 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Want to be part of our exciting new chapter at Red Mist Leisure?
We are looking for a Customer Service (Waiting & Bar) apprentice to join our team and deliver our fantastic customer service for the establishment, in this customer facing role.
You will be an enthusiastic person who shares our passion for great service. You will be a highly valued and crucial part of the front of house team being the face of our brand, ensuring that our customers have an exceptional experience every time.
- Greet, serve and look after our guests so they go home happy
- Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and safety
- Work with our team to create a friendly atmosphere our guests will love
- Be a champion of brand standards
- Know the menus inside out, making recommendations to our guests
- Maintain manual and computerised systems including inputting data
- Study towards and complete the Level 2 in Customer Service
- Ensure the service desk is covered at all times
- Provide first line response / answer to client requests
- Administration and confirmation of bookings, pre-payments and orders in line with procedure ensuring complete accuracy
Requirements and prospects
- A passion for great food and drink. We want our people to express real enthusiasm and love for the fresh food and array of drinks we offer
- A customer focussed mindset. You will always strive to please them and exceed their expectations. Previous experience in a customer facing role is desirable
- To be able to maintain consistently exceptional levels of cleanliness
- Ambition and drive to become an expert on our products, promotions and competitions
- An honest, dedicated and hardworking approach Enthusiasm.
- You will take real pride in achieving exceptional results
- A great sense of humour! You will enjoy your work and the interaction you have with customers and your team members
- Adaptability to be able to work at our other sites within the group as required
- Respect for your colleagues and company equipment
- 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade D/3 or above
- Potential to progress within a customer service career
Things to consider
- Support, training and development to improve your competency and skills in the role and to aid towards progression opportunities in the future
- Competitive salary
- Retention bonus on completion of course
- Receive an annual Young Person’s Railcard
- A professional and structured environment that will engage and support at all levels.
- Monthly & annual ‘Shining Star’ nominations and awards
- 25% discount on food and drink in all Red Mist Leisure pubs for up to 4 people
- Access to Perkbox, offering staff discounts on high street brands
- Be part of our charity days and events
- Guaranteed Christmas day off
- 4% Pension contribution
- £500 when you refer a family member or friend
About the employer
A beautifully renovated pub and hotel in Hampshire, located in the heart of the historic village of Odiham, near Hook and Basingstoke. The Red Lion offers stunning B&B accommodation and fresh, locally sourced, seasonal food and drink, 7 days a week.
BASINGSTOKE COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Basingstoke College of Technology
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.