Occupational Health Administrator Apprentice East Kent Hospitals Nhs Trust
To provide full administrative services to the consultant-led Occupational Health Team in respect of East Kent Hospitals University Trust staff, and other NHS clients within Kent to include Income Generation Clients.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
28 Nov 2021
20 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- Undertake reception duties on a daily basis. All callers to be treated with tact, discretion, and courtesy, this will require the ability to exercise judgement when dealing with Trust Staff and Income Generation Clients needs when providing non-clinical information
- Answer telephone enquiries and take messages accurately; give information and advice (non-medical) in a manner responsive to the client’s needs and in accordance with trust process. Ensure adequate phone cover at all times
- To process email enquiries received in the OH email account
- To process documents received via the OH Portal
- To undertake photocopying and scanning
- Make appointments for staff as directed using eOPAS, ensuring maximum use is made of all clinical appointments and relevant documents are available to enable clinical decisions to be made
- Ensure effective time management and forward planning of clinics to ensure minimum disruption to the department
- Type back dictation from Winscribe from OH consultants and/or other OH practitioners within the department to defined standards of presentation. Check and amend documents to ensure work is free from errors prior to collation and despatch, enclosing attachments as appropriate. Take action as appropriate arising from the contents of such transcriptions
- Accurate and timely data entry
- Incoming and outgoing correspondence to be dealt with in an appropriate manner, using standard formats where indicated
- Assist in collection, collation, and presentation of data for research/statistics as appropriate for decision-making, and allow for forward planning of future services.
- Ensure that stationery supplies are adequate and re-ordered in a timely fashion using Supplyline
- Chase GP/Specialists reports and provide regular feedback to Trust managers and income generation clients on progress with regards to when the medical reports will be received. Assist with the payments in respect of medical reports received
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the apprentice position to fulfil the requirements of the service
- To undertake any training relevant to the post, including mandatory training
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues across sites
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate IT and keyboard skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel & Email
- Able to cope with demanding work
- Ability to work to deadlines
- To be literate and numerate
- Patient confidentiality
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Reliable and good time keeper
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Possible permanent position on completion of apprenticeship.
About the employer
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest hospital trusts in England, with five hospitals serving a local population of around 720,500. As a teaching Trust we play a vital role in the education and training of doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals, working closely with local universities and King's College University in London.
East Kent Hospitals Nhs Trust
EAST KENT COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Kent College
Karen Wheeler 01227 811315 Karen.Wheeler@eastkent.ac.uk
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills (if required)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.