Apprentice Care Worker New Dawn Care Agency Ltd
Our apprentices will work with existing Carers to learn and provide support in care plans. To make a real difference to service users lives by providing a Care service, as part of a care team, by getting to know the clients and adapting support to suit the needs of the individual.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
15 Nov 2021
02 Aug 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Working with a well established care provider to gain lots of knowledge and skills in Adult care and working through the apprenticeship standard to gain an intermediate qualification as an Adult Care Worker. This role has many different responsibilities and you would be working with a well qualified team providing the training and support needed.
Our care team covers the hours of 7am - 2pm and 4pm - 10pm; 7 days a week, 365 days of the year. Our carers work anything from two to six hours at a time.
Full training will be provided on the different roles and responsibilities required for the role. The team is highly trained and will provide ongoing support.
You will be working in client’s home which means travelling between calls.
Tasks include: (Supported/Accompanied)
- Physical care of service users
- Social duties including talking and listening to service users
- Attending personal needs of service users
- Helping to create a warm and friendly atmosphere
- Contribute to discussions
- Attend training
- Administer medication
- Undertake work on ad-hoc basis
- Attend training (including NVQ 2 Care) and attend staff meetings
- Be aware of emergency procedures
- Care for personal belongings, tidying bedrooms, emptying commodes, washing, cleaning and laundering personal property
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to actively listen and work to understand those who struggle to communicate
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in an open, accurate and clear way
- Demonstrates openness in communications
- Demonstrates calmness in challenging situations
- The ability to treat people with dignity and be respectful of them, their families and environments
- Demonstrate how you would deal with any potentially challenging behaviours
- Dedication, commitment and reliability and taking personal responsibility
- Committed to learning and own development
- Willingness to reflect on own practice and how this can be improved
- Willingness to contribute to new ideas and suggestions for better outcomes
- Enthusiastic and passionate about making a positive difference to clients lives
- Having a genuine interest in the company and willing to commit to our shift patterns
- A full driving license due to the nature of the role
- English and maths GCSE grade C (4) or equivalent
- New starters who are not yet fully Covid vaccinated will be given paid time off to get vaccinated
For the right applicant this role is likely to lead into full time employment and staff members are encouraged to develop their training futher with an advanced apprenticeship on completion of the intermediate apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Home care is hard work, it involves a mixture of 7am starts, 10pm finishes and working alternate weekends. Working in clients home means travelling between calls. The majority of our carers drive although some of our team who live 'in town' ( Church Stretton or Craven Arms) walk between clients.
Home care is not a 9 - 5 job but the rewards of knowing you've made a real difference in someones life makes it all worth it.
Our recruitment processes are thorough and as a result carers stay with us.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
New Dawn Care Agency Ltd has been in operation since 2009. Founded by the late George Bowness and Kim Pilkington, to provide a range of care services, aimed at maintaining idependence, dignity and respect for people in their own homes.
Through reliable, quility services, we have become one of the most respected home/ domicilary care providers in our area. We cover Church Stretton, Craven Arms and neighbouring villages up to 6 miles from both town centres; delivering bespoke care packages at competitive rates.
As a business, New Dawn Care Agency is
Safe - we are commited to taking all resonable steps to ensure the health and safety of all staff and service users.
Caring - care is about getting to know the client, thier likes/ dislikes, engaing in their past life and experiences and using this knowledge to build a good rapport that enables the recognition of small changes so that support can be adapted.
Responsive - care needs to change over time; as carers get to know each individual and their routines, they are encouraged to report in if a review or change is required.
Effective - all of our staff recieve high levels of training and are actively encouraged to come up with ideas, especially when it comes to care plans and enhancing clients quality of life.
Well led - We pride ourselves on strong local relationships with doctors, social workers, Mayfair centre; and we participate in Registered Manager Forums, sharing best practice and learning from others.
New Dawn Care Agency Ltd
HEREFORDSHIRE AND LUDLOW COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by County Training
Standard which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- End Point Assessment (EPA)
Work place assessment with one of County Training’s highly experienced workplace Assessors, including as an example, completion of assignments, project, and observation of workplace activities.
There may also be a requirement to attend formal teaching sessions to enhance knowledge or work towards completion of functional skills (if required).
There is also a requirement for you to keep an off the job log which is an important part of your Apprenticeship Programme.
Employer Rights and Responsibilities.
Personal Learning and Thinking.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.