Supplier Administration Apprentice Principal 1 Ltd
This is a key role, assisting and supporting the supply chain management function to help develop an effective and efficient procurement platform. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
15 Nov 2021
20 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The role will help to support departmental goals and targets including cost savings generated through the proactive involvement of the department and because of new department lead efficiencies and process changes.
Duties may include:
- Assist with purchasing projects to select the best suppliers and deliver optimized value to stakeholders
- Help to assist the supply chain mechanism to in house deadlines to a professional level
- Help to manage the relations with the suppliers to a professional level (contract, implementation, performance and innovation)
- Learn to create and maintain spreadsheets to assist with cost savings
- Assist with purchasing of supplier rebate programmes to ensure that the Company derives optimum benefit and returns
- Learn how to create risk assessments using IT tools to help maintain robust contingencies
- Learn how to research pricing and learn how to create reports against key performance measures (operational metrics, savings, quality, customer service etc.)
- Assist purchasing department in accuracy and drafting of contracts, whilst managing a large and varied workload and engaging with professional stakeholders
Requirements and prospects
- An interest in procurement principles, theories and processes
- Ability to work on complex problems
- Very good verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisation and prioritising skills
- Opportunity to study CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply)
- Flexible and adaptable
- Self-motivated & inquisitive
- Able for follow detailed instructions & work accurately
- Conscientious & diligent
- Effective team member & able to work on own initiative
- To have a positive attitude, patience and perseverance even in pressurized situations
5 x GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C (4/5) and above including maths and English. Science and ICT an advantage.
To be trained and qualified in Supplier Administration with Principal.
Things to consider
Like all apprenticeships, this requires a long term commitment – there will be assignments and log book entries to complete as well as homework. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a top company, whilst you work towards Nationally recognised qualifications.
About the employer
For more than 30 years Principal has been helping companies by providing and supporting tailor-made solutions for document management, print solutions, digital IT and unified communication services.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sigta Ltd
Pauline Jones 01273 427606 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
There is no college requirement for this apprenticeship.
The final apprenticeship completion certificate will be issued on achievement of the above qualification and successful completion of final end point assessment.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.