Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Lindisfarne Carehomes
Lead Adult care workers are front-line staff who help adults with care and support helping to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible, enabling them to have control and choice in their lives. Administer residents medication and complete care plans. Work alongside carers to deliver care to the residents.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
19 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As an Apprentice Lead Adult Care Worker, you will make a positive difference to someone's life when they are faced with physical, practical, social, emotional or intellectual challenges.
Duties may include:
- Exercise judgement and take appropriate action to support individuals
- Dignity and control by providing leadership and guidance
- Responsible for care provided
- Caring consistently and make a positive difference
- Delivering care and support with kindness, consideration, dignity, empathy and respect
- Doing the right thing for people, speaking up if the individual is at risk
- Great communication and listening skills central to successful caring relationships
- Applying knowledge and competence
- Being committed to improving the experience of people who need care and support
- Administer residents medication and complete care plans
- Work alongside carers to deliver care to the residents
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Previous care experience
- Hard working
- Friendly / approachable
- GCSE grade A-C / 9-4 or equivalent in maths and English
- The Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship (or equivalent) should already be achieved
Progression in your role, training and going on to complete further qualifications. Once the apprenticeship is complete, salary will rise to £9 per hour.
About the employer
Lindisfarne Hartlepool is a purpose-built care home that specialises in the care of those suffering from Dementia. Each of the home’s 54 rooms offers ensuite facilities and a television point, telephone connection and modern furniture.
Residents are also welcome to personalise their room to suit their individual taste.
The home is located close to all local amenities, including shops, bus routes, parks, the theatre and Hartlepool beach. The home is tastefully decorated and has all of the modern facilities you’d expect from a large care home.
The team at Lindisfarne Hartlepool are fully trained in caring for those with Dementia and work to ensure that all residents’ requirements and needs are met. The home also has an activities co-ordinator who runs a full programme of events including daily activities and day trips.
In addition to our Senior Carers, there is a full team of support staff and domestic staff who ensure the home is well run, homely and clean. An on-site catering team provide all types of dietary needs.
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Emma Norbury 0191 5185587 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- English and maths Functional Skills if required - if not required, maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam
- Preparation for End Point Assessment
Lead adult care worker
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.