Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Lindisfarne Care Home
Lead Adult care workers are front-line staff who help adults with care and support helping to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible, enabling them to have control and choice in their lives. Administer residents medication and complete care plans. Work alongside carers to deliver care to the residents.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
19 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As an Apprentice Lead Adult Care Worker, you will make a positive difference to someone's life when they are faced with physical, practical, social, emotional or intellectual challenges.
Duties will include:
- Exercise judgement and take appropriate action to support individuals
- Dignity and control by providing leadership and guidance
- Responsible for care provided
- Caring consistently and make a positive difference
- Delivering care and support with kindness, consideration, dignity, empathy and respect
- Doing the right thing for people, speaking up if the individual is at risk
- Great communication and listening skills central to successful caring relationships
- Applying knowledge and competence
- Being committed to improving the experience of people who need care and support
- Administer residents medication and complete care plans
- Work alongside carers to deliver care to the residents
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Previous care experience
- Hard working
- Friendly / approachable
- GCSE grade A*-C / 9-4 or equivalent in maths and English.
- The Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship (or equivalent) should already be achieved
Progression in your role, training and going on to complete further qualifications. Once the apprenticeship is complete, salary will rise to £9 per hour.
About the employer
Lindisfarne Ouston is a purpose-built care home, specialising in general residential, nursing and Dementia care.
We now also have Male Units at Lindisfarne Ouston.
The home consists of 57 ensuite rooms as well as several comfortable and homely living areas. Lindisfarne Ouston has two lounge areas – both of which overlook Penshaw Monument – and a fully equipped sensory lounge.
Served in the communal conservatory dining area, overlooking the garden and patio, are nutritious, home-cooked meals, all of which are prepared with residents’ dietary requirements in mind.
Lindisfarne Ouston offers a wide range of individual and group activities both on and off-site, ensuring that residents can continue with hobbies and interests, as well as providing new experiences. The home has its own minibus, perfect for day trips organised by our fully trained staff.
The home also boasts a hair and beauty salon, library facilities and full laundry service, as well as benefitting from regular visits from opticians, dentists and chiropodists.
In October 2013 we were awarded a Level 5 Award for Northumbria in Bloom for our Sensory Garden and have been registered with Horticultural Society.
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Emma Norbury 0191 5185587 email@example.com
- Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- English and maths Functional Skills if required - if not required, maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam
- Preparation for End Point Assessment
Lead adult care worker
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.