Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Gainford Care Homes Ltd
Lead Adult care workers are front-line staff who help adults with care and support helping to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible, enabling them to have control and choice in their lives. Administer residents medication and complete care plans. Work alongside carers to deliver care to the residents.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
19 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As an Apprentice Lead Adult Care Worker, you will make a positive difference to someone's life when they are faced with physical, practical, social, emotional or intellectual challenges, your duties will include:
- Exercise judgement and take appropriate action to support individuals
- Dignity and control by providing leadership and guidance
- Responsible for care provided
- Caring consistently and make a positive difference
- Delivering care and support with kindness, consideration, dignity, empathy and respect
- Doing the right thing for people, speaking up if the individual is at risk
- Great communication and listening skills central to successful caring relationships
- Applying knowledge and competence
- Being committed to improving the experience of people who need care and support
- Administer residents medication and complete care plans.
- Work alongside carers to deliver care to the residents
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Previous care experience
- Hard working
- Friendly / approachable
- GCSE grade A-C / 9-4 or equivalent in Maths and English.
- The Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship (or equivalent) should already be achieved
Progression in your role, training and going on to complete further qualifications. Once the apprenticeship is complete, salary will rise to £9 per hour.
About the employer
Newton Hall is one of our newest care homes located near to the picturesque city of Durham, the home is close to all local amenities.
Housing 61 rooms, the home is tastefully decorated to provide a comfortable, happy environment.
Newton Hall has all of the modern facilities you’d expect from a care home, including plasma televisions in all bedrooms and lounges, a beauty salon and dining rooms. It also has large gardens including a sensory garden to allow guests to enjoy the outdoor space.
Offering nursing and care for those with physical disabilities, Newton Hall has a dedicated team of staff who ensure all residents’ needs are adhered to. There is also a regular programme of activities to encourage guests to socialise and enjoy the company of other residents.
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Emma Norbury 0191 5185587 email@example.com
- Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required - if not required, Maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam
- Preparation for End Point Assessment
Lead adult care worker
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.