Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Gainford Care Homes Ltd
Lead Adult care workers are front-line staff who help adults with care and support helping to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible, enabling them to have control and choice in their lives. Administer residents medication and complete care plans. Work alongside carers to deliver care to the residents.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
19 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As an Apprentice Lead Adult Care Worker, you will make a positive difference to someone's life when they are faced with physical, practical, social, emotional or intellectual challenges, your duties will include:
- Exercise judgement and take appropriate action to support individuals
- Dignity and control by providing leadership and guidance
- Responsible for care provided
- Caring consistently and make a positive difference
- Delivering care and support with kindness, consideration, dignity, empathy and respect
- Doing the right thing for people, speaking up if the individual is at risk
- Great communication and listening skills central to successful caring relationships
- Applying knowledge and competence
- Being committed to improving the experience of people who need care and support
- Administer residents medication and complete care plans.
- Work alongside carers to deliver care to the residents
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Previous care experience
- Hard working
- Friendly / approachable
- GCSE grade A-C / 9-4 or equivalent in Maths and English.
- The Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship (or equivalent) should already be achieved
Progression in your role, training and going on to complete further qualifications. Once the apprenticeship is complete, salary will rise to £9 per hour.
About the employer
Lindisfarne Care Home provides specialist accommodation for the care of individuals with Dementia. With 53 bedrooms located across two floors, a choice of lounges and dining rooms, full wheelchair access and a large conservatory, residents will feel instantly at home.
The home is situated one mile from Chester le Street town centre in the residential area of Whitehills. Designed to meet the needs of residents with Dementia, reality orientation is actively promoted throughout the home. Lindisfarne Care Home has a full-time activities co-ordinator who actively encourages individual and group activities. There is also a games/activities room and offers a male-only unit.
Lindisfarne Care Home prides itself on its friendly, homely, open atmosphere and residents’ families are always welcome to visit at any time without prior arrangement.
A team of qualified nurses, carers and domestic staff run the home, which also has its own driver and handyman. All meals are cooked on-site using fresh produce, by chefs who are able to cater for individual dietary requirements. Residents’ families are always welcome to dine with their loved ones.
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Emma Norbury 0191 5185587 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required - if not required, Maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam
- Preparation for End Point Assessment
Lead adult care worker
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.