Apprentice Chef (Commis Chef) Culm Valley Inn
Apprentice Chef for stunning country Gastro Pub and Restaurant with rooms and a separate annex. Spectacular A La Cart Menu, always freshly prepared and using locally sourced ingredients. Seasonal menu with daily specials. The Head Chef is highly skilled and experienced within fine dining establishments.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 45.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
20 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Preparation of ingredients for recipes
- Communication with front of house staff
- Production of appealing dishes
- Complying with Health and Safety Regulations
- Rotating stock and ingredients
- Cleaning kitchen after service
Requirements and prospects
- Good knowledge of food hygiene and health & safety
- Good knife skills
- Good prep skills beneficial
- Good communication skills
- Passionate about the industry and keen to learn
- Able to take instructions and carry out duties appropriately
- Someone who can learn from mistakes and move forward
The ideal candidate will have 5 GCSE in the range of 9-3 (A* to E), including English and maths (or equivalent qualifications). Individual employers will set the selection criteria for the applicant. Individuals who have not yet achieved English and Maths at GCSE or equivalent at grade D / Functional Skills Level 1 (or equivalent qualification) or abovewill need to do so in order to complete this Apprenticeship.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be qualified to work as a commis chef. Progression from this apprenticeship is expected to be into a chef de partie role or senior production chef role.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Bridgwater & Taunton College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bridgwater & Taunton College
Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard - Commis Chef:
- Level 2 Commis Chef - Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Functional skills at level 1 and/or 2 in English and maths as required (exemptions apply)
The successful candidate will also need to complete a diagnostic assessment, which will help us plan the appropriate support required to meet your individual needs.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.