Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Gainford Care Homes Limited
Lead Adult care workers are front-line staff who help adults with care and support helping to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible, enabling them to have control and choice in their lives. Administer residents medication and complete care plans. Work alongside carers to deliver care to the residents.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
19 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As an Apprentice Lead Adult Care Worker, you will make a positive difference to someone's life when they are faced with physical, practical, social, emotional or intellectual challenges.
Duties may include:
- Exercise judgement and take appropriate action to support individuals
- Dignity and control by providing leadership and guidance
- Responsible for care provided
- Caring consistently and make a positive difference
- Delivering care and support with kindness, consideration, dignity, empathy and respect
- Doing the right thing for people, speaking up if the individual is at risk
- Great communication and listening skills central to successful caring relationships
- Applying knowledge and competence
- Being committed to improving the experience of people who need care and support
- Administer residents medication and complete care plans
- Work alongside carers to deliver care to the residents
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Previous care experience
- Hard working
- Friendly / approachable
- GCSE grade A*-C / 9-4 or equivalent in maths and English
- The Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship (or equivalent) should already be achieved
Progression in your role, training and going on to complete further qualifications. Once the apprenticeship is complete, salary will rise to £9 per hour.
About the employer
Lindisfarne Seaham is a purpose-built care home that specialises in general nursing and residential care, along with the specialist care of those suffering from Dementia.
This spacious residence consists of 61 En-suite bedrooms, which can be personalised to suit individual tastes, as well as six comfortable and homely lounges. Each lounge is designed to accommodate all residents’ daily requirements and includes facilities such as 50” plasma televisions, quiet lounges and sensory lounges. Lindisfarne Seaham also offers a male-only unit.
Outside of the home are safe, landscaped gardens where residents can grow their own flowers or sit and relax in the scenic seating areas.
The nutritious meals that are served in the dining area are fully cooked on site by qualified chefs who can cater for special dietary requirements. Residents’ families are always welcome to join at mealtimes.
Lindisfarne Seaham also boasts a hair and beauty salon, library facilities and full laundry service, as well as daily activities run by our fully trained staff.
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Emma Norbury 0191 5185587 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- English and maths Functional Skills if required - if not required, maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam
- Preparation for End Point Assessment
Lead adult care worker
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.