Level 3 Childcare Apprentice The Braeside Day Nursery
Braeside @ Sunflowers is looking for a bubbly and enthusiastic level 3 childcare apprentice to join their fantastic team in Paignton. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
20 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
You will work closely with children aged 2-5 years old to deliver high quality care and education.
As part of your role, you may become a key person and document and develop young children’s learning. The successful apprentice will work to offer a rich learning environment and deliver our quality curriculum guided by the Early Years Foundation Stage.
You will also carry out duties such as:
- Helping to organise playtime activities
- Planning and assisting in projects for games and craft sessions
- This will be a good opportunity to get to know the children and create a bond between each individual
- The successful candidate will be supervised throughout their apprenticeship by a fully trained member of staff, who will assist them in all aspects of your role for this position
Requirements and prospects
- The ideal candidate will need to have good communication skills when dealing with children and adults
- You must have the ability to follow procedures from given instructions
- The successful candidate must possess some ICT/Technology skills as this will be part of your role
- You will need to be caring, trustworthy and confident in everything you do
- You will need to be enthusiastic, bubbly and creative with a genuine passion for working with young people
- In order to be successful for this role, you will need to have acheived the level 2 apprenticeship in Early Years Practioner
- Qualifications required for this role, include GCSE grades 9-2 (A*-E) in maths and English or equivalent qualifications such as Functional Skills
Through having completed your level 3 you will have gained the skills in childcare that you can use to maximise your future career.
The employer also offers a range of in-house training programmes and progress routes within your role.
Things to consider
In order to be successful for this role, you will need to complete a DBS.
About the employer
Sunflower Braeside Nursery are based in Paignton, they are registered with Ofsted to care for up to 45 children between the ages of 0-5 years.
The setting has a designated baby room with an adjacent sleeping area and a large room for children aged 2 years and above. They are very proud of their Ofsted report, where they achieved four areas that are classed as outstanding.
At Sunflowers Braeside Nursery, they are committed to providing families and children with the best in nursery care and early learning, whilst also providing parents with the peace of mind that their child is cared for in a safe and happy environment. They aim to meet each child’s physical, social, emotional and educational needs in a safe and stimulating environment.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Skills Group 01752 332442 email@example.com
The Apprenticeship in Child Care includes:
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Standard
Most aspects of the qualification and training will be delivered at your workplace where you will be supported throughout your training by your employer. You will have regular visits every 6 to 12 weeks from your designated assessor who will help you, and monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
As an additional qualification you will also achieve Emergency and Paediatric First Aid, and a Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.