Customer Sales Apprentice Avocet Hardware Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity to work for Avocet Hardware Group undertaking varied duties. You will be working with a hardworking and friendly team.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Nov 2022
19 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The role will include various administration duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship. The role will include the following areas:
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter
- Active customer calling and product selling
- Customer engagement
- Providing customers with price quotes
- Processing orders to a high degree of accuracy
- To undertake filing, photocopying and distribution of relevant documents.
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries and customers
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word & Excel
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- Dealing with requests for information
As part of your contract of employment completion of the Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your duties as well as helping your personal and professional development; the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions
- Attend and be punctual for all lessons with regards to your apprenticeship programme.
- Complete all required assignments with regards to your apprenticeship by the required timeline.
- Build up your portfolio of evidence on-going during your apprenticeship programme.
- Access support from your tutor/assessor as and when required
- Access support from your manager with regards to any evidence requirements or support as and when required
- Attend all work-based training/support sessions
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- Somebody who is a good verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner.
- Must have a good level of literacy skills.
- IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages.
- Required to work to deadlines, with good time management.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Ability to be organised and to meet targets set to complete the required work-based evidence, assignments and logging of all work completed towards completion of your apprenticeship programme - your employer will also support you with these requirements.
- Confident in using email and the internet.
- The successful candidate will be organised.
- Willing to work effectively in the team.
- An enthusiastic individual
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual,
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development.
- GCSE grade 4/C or above in maths and English is required (or equivalent).
- An IT qualification would be an advantage.
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications.
Things to consider
Please check cost and time it will take to travel.
Following applying for this vacancy the first stage, after your initial application, will be to attend an interview with Nichola Barnes via Zoom. If you do not attend this interview your application will not progress any further.
For any further information on this vacancy please contact Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College on E-mail: email@example.com
Mobile Number: 07788390025
Apprenticeship Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO CONTACT should be made with the employer at this initial stage, the College is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
The salary may be negotiable. This will depend on experience.
The salary may also increase after a probationary period, if the budget allows, following successful employment and production of the required work towards achieving the qualifications towards the apprenticeship training programme.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Your employer will allow you time off for study and this will be part of your contract of employment. You should attend all required classes and keep up to date with any set work.
About the employer
For decades, Avocet have been supplying the trade and public alike with the highest quality door and window hardware. As the years have rolled by, Avocet have diversified their product range into also delivering the renowned ABS Anti Snap cylinder range encompassing 3* and 1* security and unrivalled quality.
In 2020, Avocet acquired a third generation agricultural and gardening tool business, thus expanding the products available to our customers even more.
We’re fiercely proud of the Avocet name and with brands such as ABS, Affinity, Pioneer to name a few, at our disposal, our customers be that trade, large home improvement brands or public, can be assured of the very best quality backed by the very best service. And now because of our continued growth and expansion we are offering various apprenticeship opportunities within our successful team.
Avocet Hardware Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Nichola Barnes email@example.com
Overview of Customer Service Apprenticeship Standard
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high-quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
Behaviours / Attitude
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality – treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation – dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
You will complete an End Point Assessment this will involve the following:
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion
Functional Skills: Level 1 and then L2 in Maths and English (Exemptions may apply if Grade A - C GCSE, Functional/Key Skills Level 1 or 2 has been achieved.
You are given one day per week as time off to study; you will attend classes via Teams and complete work for your apprenticeship. The study day is a Wednesday.
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.