Apprentice Butcher Gray & Sons Butchers Ltd
As an apprentice, you will learn all aspects of butchery; meat prepping, trimming, serving, cleaning of equipment and shop, and serving customers. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate!
Closing date: 20 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
23 Nov 2021
19 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are looking for a Trainee Butcher to work 30 hours 3 days a week on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
They will be trained in all aspects of meat industry etc.
- You will carry out are trimming
- Preparing of all types of meat
- Serving customers with knowledge of meat
- Cleaning of all equipment and the shop itself
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicator, would eventually like them to become an experienced butcher
- Numeracy, literacy, hygiene
- Good time keeper
- Keen to learn
- Polite and confident
- None requied. all training provided
- Could eventually have a very good salary and work more days
Things to consider
- Butchery is a skills shortage so if you are proficient and qualified you can earn a good living
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are a small very busy retail shop serving our local community employing 3 staff.
M.E.A.T Ipswich Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Meat East Anglia Trades (Ipswich) Ltd
Andrew MacDonald 01473270757 email@example.com
On the job training leading to an Apprenticeship Standard Level 2 in Butchery also;
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Level 2 Award in Health and Safety
- Level 2 Award in Knife Skills
- Levels 1 and/or 2 in Fucntional Skills in maths and/or English (if applicable)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.