Administration Assistant Sherwood Building Services Engineers
At Sherwood’s we are continually growing, and we are now recruiting for two full-time Apprentice Operations Co-ordinators to work from our head office in Newton Abbot. You will be given vocational support to achieve professional qualifications and should view this as an excellent opportunity to create a career within the Building Services Industry.
Closing date: 11 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
15 Nov 2021
19 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Plan and manage the work of engineers so that works are completed to the best standard and on time, in compliance with company procedures and within required timescales
- Liaise directly with Responsible Persons on site, Store Managers, Centre Management and Plant Hire companies to arrange for permits and specialist plant to be ready on site before dispatching engineers
- Manage resources so that client’s Service Level Agreements are achieved for Compliance, Planned Preventative Maintenance and Reactive and Quoted works
- Administration duties including ordering of materials and access equipment from our approved suppliers
- Monitoring of the departments’ incoming emails to ensure flow of communication across Operational Services
- Monitoring of live tasks across our various clients’ portals
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT, Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Organisational and problem solving skills
- Verbal communication skills – ability to deal with people in person and on the telephone
- Ability to apply set procedures
- Accurate and thorough approach
- Comfortable working to agreed objectives
- Ability to work without supervision
- Pro-active and able to use own initiative
- Outgoing, confident personality
- Team player
- Highly motivated
- Mature outlook
- Interested in/aptitude for learning new skills/taking on new challenges
- Maths GCSE grade C/4 or equivalent
- English GCSE grade C/4 or equivalent
This is a great start to your career if you are looking to get into the sector.
Things to consider
Daily commute to and from the place of work.
About the employer
Sherwoods were founded in 1970 and have gone from strength to strength over the past 51 years and we are pleased to say that during them 51 years we still have that family feel and every team member plays a vital part in our growth and development of a company. Are you looking to join a company to make a positive difference, to challenge yourself and be the best person you can be or you are simply looking for a job for life then please look no further.
We pride ourselves on our business core values which are Honest, Adaptable, Committed and Fun. We are on a mission to become the Building Service Partner and Employer of Choice across the South West of the UK.
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Lauren Johnson 07837870008 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.