Apprentice Electro-Mechanical Assembler Marel Ltd
Duties and responsibilities will vary from time to time and the post holder will be expected to perform other such duties that are reasonably comparable. The post holder must adhere to Company health, safety and environmental policies at all times; maintain a safe working environment and ensure work activities are safe.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
19 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As part of this role you will be required to study towards the Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard at Colchester Institute.
You will be responsible for the assembly, wiring and calibration End Of Line machinery in an efficient and timely manner while following an apprenticeship scheme.
- Install assemblies according to engineering drawings (3D model and Mechanical drawing)
- Wire machinery according to according to electrical drawing, routing diagram and UK electrical legislation
- Test the wiring to ensure safety at power-up stage. Report any fault to the technician team
- Calibrate the machinery according to the product specifications
- Be responsible for the quality of the product at all stage s of the assembly/wiring
- Inspect parts and reject if outside of specifications
- Operate within standard operating procedures in accordance with ISO 9001, Company guidelines, procedures and relevant international standards (e.g. CE) and other job safety parameters
- Convert engineering drawings and models to complete products
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records on database
- Comply to Time Registration procedure
- Communicate with supervisors, managers and colleagues on the production floor
- Attend college and work toward your apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- The position demands an individual with problem solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to understand, synthesize and organise technical information
- Strong interested in Engineering
- Can do attitude
- Good attention to detail
- Good team player
- Support the company’s vision, and exhibit Marel’s core values of Unity, Innovation and Excellence
- Essential: GCSEs or equivalent, grades A*-C/9-4 including maths and English or equivalent
- All candidates will be required to complete Colchester Institute's mandatory initial assessment process before being put forward to the company. This will consist of online assessments and interview with the relevant department
- Upon successful completion although not guarenteed you may have a full time position within the company with potential progression to other roles, further qualifications and career development
Things to consider
- Colchester Institute – Apprenticeship Team manage the applications to this role and you will be required to complete our initial assessment process before your application gets sent onto the employer
- Please be advised that the closing date for this role could be brought forward or extended if this vacancy receives a high number or low number of applicants and/or the company recruit before the closing date
- Whilst there are possible closing and start dates should you be available earlier this can be negotiated with the employer
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Marel is the leading global provider of advanced equipment, systems and services to the fish, meat and poultry industries. Our brands - Marel, Stork Poultry Processing and Townsend Further Processing - are among the most respected in the industry.
Together, we offer the convenience of a single source to meet our customers' every need. With offices and subsidiaries in over 30 countries and a global network of more than 100 agents and distributors, we work side-by-side with our customers to extend the boundaries of food processing performance.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team 01206712043 firstname.lastname@example.org
- All delivered within the work place via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus
- Candidates will undertake the Engineering Technician Level 3 apprenticeship standard
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.