Beauty Therapy Apprentice XS BEAUTY LIMITED
Beauty Therapy Apprentice required for spa offering a range of the latest non-surgical treatments and traditional beauty services. An apprentice will cover reception duties, making and amending client appointments, prepare rooms for senior therapists and keeping the salon clean and tidy.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2021
16 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Beauty Therapy Apprentice. Main duties include:-
- Greeting and welcoming customers
- Following Heath and Safety guidelines for a safe working environment
- Making recommendations to clients on the best treatment programmes and skincare products for home use
- Assist with all sales and marketing activities such as promotions, special offers and open evenings within the clinic that may be outside of normal working routine/schedule
- Cover for other staff on lunch breaks, holidays, sickness, etc.
- Assist on reception and ensure the secure daily handling of monies and cash transferrals, schedule appointments, ensure client records are updated, change window display, rotate stock and replace with new items, keep reception clean and tidy
- Assist with getting repeat appointments and new clients for students and therapists
- Practise treatments on staff members until competent and then on clients
- Assist with hygiene in the kitchen, bathrooms and laundry rooms to ensure they are always cleaned, disinfected and presentable
Requirements and prospects
- None required as full training will be provided
- Customer service
- Focus and orientation
- GCSE (or equivalent) Grade A*-C/9-4 English and maths. Without, Introtrain will provide additional functional skills training up to level 2
- To become a qualified beauty therapist and progress to level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship
Things to consider
- The ANMW is currently £4.30 per hour for apprentices aged 16-18 and those aged 19+ in the first year of their apprenticeship
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Beauty Salon based in Headington
XS BEAUTY LIMITED
INTROTRAIN & FORUM LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Intro Train
Jane Colleton 01865793196 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Beauty Therapist Apprenticeship Standard
Full NVQ Level 2 Standards provided by Introtrain at OICB in Witney. Level 2 training in line with Apprenticeship standards, training will include carrying out beauty therapy treatments in line with legal, industry and organisation requirement, maintaining honesty, integrity and confidentiality, training in maintaining and storing detailed and confidential beauty treatment consultations with clients, choosing the most appropriate treatments and products, training in implementing and practicing safe ways of working for themselves and others in accordance with legal, beauty therapy and organisational requirements. Training in waxing services, hand and nail treatments, foot treatment, facial skin care treatments, eyelash and eyebrow treatments, make-up application, basic massage treatments. Training in facilitating the client journey, making appointments, completing the services and handling payments, providing advice and after care. Reception and retail skills. Professionalism and maintaining standards of appearance and upholding salon standards.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.