Apprentice Production Chef Frampton Arms
Our restaurant is seeking a passionate, Apprentice Production Chef to create delicious meals for our patrons. Working with the kitchen team to deliver food that meets the highest quality standards.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Dec 2021
19 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The principle duties will include:
- Informing the Head/Sous Chef of malfunctioning or broken kitchen equipment
- Unpacking and organising deliveries
- Mopping up kitchen spills to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Ensure that all food items are properly stored to prevent spoilage.
You will work on the larder section:
- Preparing and serving cold starters and desserts
- Maintaining cleanliness and good operation of the above section
- Working as a team to fulfil theirs and the kitchen teams potential.
To be successful as a Apprentice Production Chef, you should demonstrate excellent organisational skills and ensure that all duties are completed in a timely manner, be able to follow all instructions and comply with food health and safety regulations.
Requirements and prospects
- Basic knife skills
- Hard working, diligent and good natured with a grounded common sense. A willingness to learn and take direction from others. Passion for food and an understanding of customer needs.
- None as training will be given
- Prospect of progression to a higher level apprenticeship qualification and to progress within the business. Prospect of a permanent position for the right candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
From 1st April 2021, the National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This rises annually as set by government. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of an Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Working Week: Dates and times to be confirmed at interview.
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close a vacancy prior to the closing date if a high number of applicants have been received.
NOTE: If your application is successful, you must attend an initial interview with Weymouth College before your details are put forward to this employer. This will be arranged by an invitation from Weymouth College. This is not an interview for the job.
About the employer
Busy pub/restaurant with rooms
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Weymouth College
Apprenticeships 01305 208709 Apprenticeships@weymouth.ac.uk
- Production chef level 2
- Formal training to be provided by Weymouth College with informal, off the job training by the head chef and general manager
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.