Apprentice Teaching Assistant Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School
We are seeking an enthusiastic and supportive Apprentice Teaching Assistant with an interest in assisting students to achieve their full potential. The successful candidate will join a team of teaching assistants to support students across all key stages.
Closing date: 22 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
30 Nov 2021
15 Sep 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We are seeking an enthusiastic apprentice Teaching Assistant.
We are looking to appoint a passionate, nurturing and patient individual who is keen to work as part of a committed team. You will need to be confident in the delivery of a range of subjects, particularly core subjects.
You will need to:
- Support the Catholic ethos of the school;
- Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for all pupils;
- Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our children;
- Be supportive, nurturing and understanding;
- Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience;
- Communicate well with parents, carers and members of staff, as well as pupils;
- Work well as part of a team;
- Be willing to contribute to school life outside of the classroom.
In return we can offer:
The support of committed, enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues;
Excellent professional development;
A supportive environment;
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Good organisational skills
- Calm under pressure
GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths - minimum C/4 grade or above.
Successful candidates will be offered continued employment.
Things to consider
- Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School is committed to the protection and safety of its students
- A DBS certificate, and medical clearance will be required for all posts
About the employer
Sacred Heart is a fully inclusive school with the highest expectations and aspirations for all our pupils. We pride ourselves on our warm, welcoming Catholic ethos. We are proud of the special relationships the school holds with parents and carers and we very much value the support and contribution they make to school life. The school also enjoys a close partnership with Sacred Heart Parish. Because home, school and parish work together, we are able to provide a happy, caring and effective learning environment, with high expectations and standards.
Our school’s Mission Statement is at the heart of all we do – “Love of God, Love of one another, Love of our world, Love of learning.” Our school is a welcoming, happy school where people are helpful, considerate and respectful of each other. The children are very happy and enjoy learning. We are very fortunate to have such a dedicated team of teachers, teaching assistants and other staff who strive to ensure that every child is successful and equipped with all the skills they need to continue on their future learning journey. We hope that you enjoy looking around our website – although this is only a tiny glimpse of how very special our school is.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Trainplus
Cory Short 07551542542 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Teaching Assistant Personal Attributes and Behaviours
- EPA - Teaching Assistant
Subject to prior Attainment:
- Functional Skills Maths Level 2
- Functional Skills English Level 2
- Functional Skills ICT Level 2
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.