Apprentice Sign Maker & Engraver N-Sign Limited
N-Sign are looking to recruit an individual capable of all aspects of sign making. Successful candidate will work towards a level 2 lean manufacturing operative apprenticeship.
Closing date: 16 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
23 Nov 2021
16 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are looking to recruit an individual capable of all aspects of sign making.
Daily tasks will include:
- Using Sign software and large format printers
- Working with vinyl’s, plastics, metals as well as the whole manufacture and fitting process
- Liaising with customers and team members
- Application of both printed and cut vinyl to various substrates
- Installation of vehicle graphics & wraps and the fabrication
- Assembly & finishing of various signs, both at the workshop and on site
- You will be required to install a wide variety of signage and graphics, so understanding the importance of health and safety and safe working methods is essential
Requirements and prospects
- The successful applicant will have an eye for detail, be enthusiastic and able to work on their own initiative, have great communication skills and be well organised
- A hard-working individual with a sense of humour
- The right candidate should have GCSEs at grades E or above in English Language and maths or equivalent
- Dependant upon completion of apprenticeship and circumstances of the employer, there may be the potential for full time employment
Things to consider
- This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying
- The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change
- This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received
- Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment
- Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships
- Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship
- For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills
- Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview. Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days
- Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed
- Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
N Sign Ltd are a rapidly expanding signage and engraving company established who in 2000. They offer a wide range of different signage and engraving solutions.
The business’ diverse signage portfolio includes work such as shop fronts and site signs, through to vehicle graphics and wraps. Offering a complete service from initial site survey through to design, manufacture and installation.
The services include anything from labels and control panels to trophy and gift engraving into a variety of different materials, such as stainless steel, brass, laminate and acrylics.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
Lean Manufacting Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT if needed
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.