Apprentice – Mechanised Print, Finishing and binding CPI UK MANAGEMENT COMPANY LTD
Short Description of Vacancy Opportunity to develop as a skilled Bindery Operator, to actively participate in a 26 Month apprenticeship in Mechanised Print Finishing & Binding.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
18 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Learn to operate binding machines in the production of cased & flush books
- Learn how to operate a single knife guillotine
- Understand the components and make-up of books
- Learn how to make a book by hand
- Actively participate in your own development plan
- Working towards key performance standards, but always recognising that quality is paramount
- Ensure good housekeeping of area
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Polite, respectful, punctual and professional
- Able to work on own initiative
- GCSE Grade C/4 maths and English or equivalent or higher
Full-time position within the company is available to the right candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship programme.
About the employer
CPI Books is the UK’s leading book printing service provider. Our customers benefit from our supply chain solutions and global print network. CPI produces books and journals across multiple channels including Trade, STMA, Tax, Law, Bibles, Catalogues, as well as Self-Publishing.
LEARN 2 PRINT LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Learn 2 Print
A full plan will be formulated to give a progressive, structured training scheme.
Training modules will be issued at each stage covering all aspects of on-site training with hands–on experience.
This will cover everything including health and safety and general industrial practices.
Industry specific technical training will take place on every module offering the apprentice a unique opportunity to learn from industry professionals.
Training on each module will be to a required standard rather than a time limit.
- Apprenticeship Standard for Print Technician Level 3
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
1 day per month study at workplace with Learn2print.
Allocated assessor with regular visits to the workplace to review practical element of the apprenticeship.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.