Apprentice Welder / Fabricator European Heathyards Co Ltd
This is an opportunity for the candidate to become a Welder Fabricator and work towards a recognised qualification.
Closing date: 06 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
09 Nov 2021
16 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The successful candidates will receive thorough training and development and will be supported throughout their apprenticeship.
- You will work from engineering drawings
- Use various measuring equipment
- Use hand tools
- Machining, tube cutting/bending
- Learn MIG,TIG and ARC welding to work on large tubular fabrications
- Using overhead crane/fork lift truck
- Plating skills
- You will be responsible for maintaining a clean work area
- You will be shown how to carry out tasks following company procedures and in accordance to Health & Safety policies
Requirements and prospects
- Candidates with some basic industrial/engineering experience would be preferred
- Must be able to produce accurate work
- Have a genuine interest in welding/fabrication
- Must be able to work towards agreed deadlines
- Previous knowledge of industrial/engineering work would be preferred
- Able to retain information
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Committed and keen to learn
- Team player/be able to work on your own initiative
- Punctual and reliable
- GCSE grade 4 as a minimum in English and maths
- There will be an opportunity for the successful candidates to develop within the business as a welder - fitter/fabricator.
Things to consider
Training will be delivered as follows:
- 2 days per week at In-Comm Training Services, Aldridge, WS9 8UG - please ensure you are able to travel there.
About the employer
Over the past four decades European Heathyards has established a reputation for high quality tube manipulation and plate fabrication.
Their service offering has expanded to now include specialist products such as low now burners, large turbine base plates, silos and support structures and high integrity welding.
Their engineering excellence has ensured that they have evolved into one of the UK’s leading providers to a broad range of industries. These include power generation, petrochemical, environmental, process plant, water and offshore sectors.
IN-COMM TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by In-Comm Training Services Ltd
Sue Fisher or Alex Jones 01922 457686 firstname.lastname@example.org
The training for this apprenticeship will be delivered over a period of 15 months, with the apprentice required to attend college 2 days per months during this time (at In-Comm Training Services Limited, Aldridge, WS9 8UG), to achieve knowledge, understanding and competence in the following subjects:
- General and Welding Specific Health and Safety
- Dimensional and Mechanical Properties of Materials
- Welding Procedures, Parameters and Symbols
- Testing and Inspection
- Welding Defects
- MIG, MAG and FCAW processes
- MMA Processes
- TIG-TAG and PAW Processes
General welder (arc processes)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.