Apprentice Pantry Chef with Front of House AT NO12 LTD
Bishop's Eye in the Centre of Wells is looking for an individual who is passionate about detail and a keen interest in food with a creative flair in their delivery. They will need the flexibility to be able to spend the time in the kitchen but also serve the customers with the Front of House Team. Taking pride in their work
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
15 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Cold Kitchen Duties
- Assist in preparing of cold food items like salads, sushi, cold cuts, cold appetizers and salad dressing
- Prepare daily requisitions for supply from local suppliers
- Prepare all dishes following recipes and yield guides
- Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation
- Keep accurate food temperature charts
Front of House Duties
- Receiving and confirming walk-in, telephonic and online reservations
- Ushering diners to their Tables and providing them with menus
- Taking Food and Drink orders
- Mixing and Pouring beverages
- Transporting Food orders from the Kitchen following preparation to each pertinent table
- Clearing Tables once customers have completed their meals
- Providing bills after the meal sitting and taking relevant payment/providing change etc.
- Clearing and reporting breakages by customers
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Passion for Food
- Keen to Learn
- None required for this role
- Hopefull Progress to a permanent role
Things to consider
- Travel to and from Wells
About the employer
A family-run, independent wine bar, restaurant, and wine shop serving all-day charcuterie, cocktails, and more. Bishop’s Eye is available for regular service, and private hire. For private hire and large tables please contact us through our large tables page.
For 600 years the Bishop’s Eye has stood proud as the gateway to the Bishops Palace. Today the Grade II listed building has been lovingly restored and is now home to our wine bar, restaurant, and shop. Serving Somerset cheeses, south coast smoked fish, and fine new world wines.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Strode College
Suzie Drew 01458 844419 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Training will be provided by Strode College as well as the employer
- 1 Day a week in college.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.