Welding Apprentice FABRIKAT (NOTTINGHAM) LIMITED
Fabrikat Ltd have a fantastic opportunity for ambitious, focussed, and hardworking individuals to join our welding team. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of MIG welding of street furniture products.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
15 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Interpret instructions and drawings
- Set up and operate hand tools and power tools
- Maintaining work areas
- Any other duties identified and deemed reasonable in line with the role of a MIG Welder
Skills and qualitiesrequired for the role:
- Mathematical skills
- A strong attention to detail
- Steady hands and good coordination
- Good communication and teamwork abilities
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Undertake reasonable instructions
- Good time keeping and attendance
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Smart professional appearance
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Genuine interest in the sector
GCSE Grades A*-C+ or equivalent are essential, specifically maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9-5.
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
About the employer
Fabrikat design, manufacture and supply street lighting columns, traffic management and telecommunication structures, pedestrian guardrail, parapet, fencing and street furniture products. Building a wealth of experience and expertise, since 1985.
Our vision and ethos are simple: by building relationships with you, our customers, understanding your requirements and giving unrivalled support. Our success is inextricably linked to yours.
Through continual improvement we aim for excellence, giving our customers exactly what you need, commercially and technically at every stage of the process. This results in a product of the highest quality and finish.
FABRIKAT (NOTTINGHAM) LIMITED
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Lee Speed 01623 627 191 firstname.lastname@example.org
General Welder Level 2 Standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
General welder (arc processes)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.