Chain Machine Apprentice Sturge Industries Ltd
A fantastic opportunity for the right enthusiastic individual to train to be a chain machine apprentice and learn how to safely operate special purpose chain machines to produce ball chain and other componentry to agreed specifications using standard operating procedures.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
29 Oct 2021
15 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To be directly responsible to Chain Machine Team Leader
- To oil chain machines at specific intervals during shift
- To load materials onto chain machines ready for production
- To trouble shoot problems on machines to maximise running time
- To set new tooling as required
- To perform qualify checks to ensure chain produced is within specified tolerances
- To use micrometres and callipers to measure chain and raw materials
- To ensure you operate within all H & S legislation
The above list is not exhaustive but is a framework of the role of Chain Machine Apprentice. Full training will be given to the successful candidate.
Requirements and prospects
- Good work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Self motivated
- Good time keeping
- Enthusiastic about learning
GCSE Maths and English 4/C or equivalent.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, a permanent position may be a possibility.
About the employer
Sturge Industries are the only manufacturer in the UK and on of only 5 worldwide for these bell chain products. As an employer we strive to develop our employees and encourage participation and interaction from Director level through to shop floor employees. We have a history of internal promotion and there are several Supervisory roles now filled by time serviced employees.
Sturge Industries Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Apprenticeship Works
Bev 0121 5446455
Engineering Operative Level 2
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.