IT Support Analyst Apprenticeship Vale of Mowbray Ltd
This role is primarily to support the staff and business with all IT hardware and software. Working with all staff you will assist with identifying and fixing a wide range of issues from logging to completion. The role is varied and will cover many different IT tasks.
Closing date: 30 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Jan 2022
14 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- To work for the long-term success of Vale of Mowbray
- To promote responsibility and openness
- To strive for the highest professional standards
- To invest in our people through appropriate training and development
- To exceed our people’s and our customer’s expectations
- Analyse and resolve a wide range of IT based technical problems via email, phone and in person
- Install and configure hardware, software, network equipment, printers and other IT systems
- Monitor, log and maintain both software and hardware based infrastructure
- Managing stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies
- Assist in building in house IT knowledge base and IT process
- Abide by the ‘People Values’ across the Business on an ongoing basis
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Pleasant and competent telephone manner
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good IT and typing skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to learn and teach new systems/equipment
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as individually
- Maintain high standard of work at all times
- Ability to follow instructions accurately
- Ability to adhere to and apply strict rules of confidentiality
- To be flexible and a genuine willingness to undertake any tasks which could reasonably be expected of someone in this capacity
- Punctual with good attendance
- Hardworking and self-motivated
- Confident and a quick learner
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above in English and Maths or equivalent.
The Level 3 Apprenticeship in Information Communications Technician is a valuable stepping stone to further study such as higher apprenticeships or to employment within a wide range of possible careers.
Things to consider
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills.
Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview.
Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £4.30 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £6.56 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £8.36 for anyone aged 21-22 and £8.91 for anyone aged 23 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
Vale of Mowbray are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as an information Communication technician. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Information Communication Technician.
Vale of Mowbray Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
- Level 3 qualification in Information Communications Technician
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.