Dental Nurse Apprentice Smile Essential
A fantastic opportunity is available to work and train towards becoming a fully qualified Dental Nurse at Smile Essential Dental Practice in Leicester.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Nov 2021
15 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The Dental Nurse Apprenticeship role will include the following day to day duties and responsibilities.
- Keeping the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Using all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chair side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice (perhaps including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required)
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
- Reception duties
Requirements and prospects
We are seeking a person with excellent communication skills, who has the ability to adapt to meet the needs of the patients in surgery. You will also need to be IT literate.
The successful candidate will need to be reliable, punctual, well presented and have the ability to adapt to situations as they arise. You will need to have energy, enthusiasm and the willingness to learn new skills and complete the Apprenticeship course to become a qualified Dental Nurse.
English and maths GCSE grade C 4/5 or above, or equivalent Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications are a mandatory requirement for this role.
Most employers working with Leicester College are keen to offer permanent employment to a reliable, hardworking individual based on their performance throughout their Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The practice is busy, and you will be exposed to the sight of blood. The successful candidate will be expected to work hard towards gaining their formal qualifications.
The successful candidate will be required to have a Hep B vaccination and a DBS check.
Attendance on the dental nursing course at Leicester College is mandatory requirement for this position. You will be given time off during your working week to complete some theory aspects of the advanced apprenticeship programme.
Interview, closing date possible start dates are only a guideline as interviews for this position will be held on an ongoing basis, therefore the start date could alter as the vacancy will close as soon as a successful candidate is selected.
Applications will only be accepted through the Apprenticeship online system not directly through the employer.
About the employer
Smile Essential is a very special dental practice focused on personal service delivered with kindness and compassion. Our aim is to provide a safe, happy environment for our patients and the highest standard of dental care for peace of mind dental care.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Leicester College
Liz Lightowler 07917628655 firstname.lastname@example.org
The advanced apprenticeship programme will require you to complete the Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing. This is a 15 unit programme of which 11 units are portfolio based and assessed in the workplace. The remaining 4 units are theory exam based and delivered via eLearning.
Alongside the structured training programme offered through the apprenticeship, the employer will also provide you with a full induction programme and continuous mentoring and support from our experienced and qualified staff.
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.