Apprentice Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Dennis Eagle Ltd
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic person to start their career within the automotive industry. As an Apprentice Vehicle Damage Paint Technician, you will work as part of a highly skilled work force that is committed to quality. The successful candidate can expect a high-quality training package with excellent career prospects.
Closing date: 28 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
29 Oct 2021
15 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
We currently have an opening for an Apprentice Vehicle Damage Paint Technician to work on a wide variety of vehicles, making no day the same. The role is demanding as the successful applicant will be working on a range of vehicles while learning their trade to a nationally recognised standard.
Modern paints preparation and refinishing techniques are becoming increasingly complex and it is essential that today's paint technicians are fully conversant with the most recent technology.
Tasks the successful candidate can be expected to carry out:
- Repair of minor scratches and dents
- Preparation of new and repaired panels for refinishing
- Preparing vehicle surfaces for masking and priming
- Paint refinishing techniques paint detailing
- Paint detailing and buffing
- Polishing the paintwork of the panel to a suitable finish
This is an exciting opening for an opportunity to earn while you learn gaining a nationally recognised qualification and a future career.
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to document information and record activities/ plans
- Be proactive in seeking out development opportunities both in personal time and during time in college and work
- Improve knowledge and performance through additional work in personal time
- Team working
- Has the drive to complete the exercises to required deadlines
- Good timekeeper who understands the necessary commitment to succeed
- 4/C’s in maths and English GCSE or equivalent .
- This apprenticeship is the grounding for your future development and there are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our company as we are committed to providing development and training opportunities to all our employees
Things to consider
- The competition for apprenticeship placements is strong so please ensure your application is tailored to the type of apprenticeship you are applying for, pay attention to presentation, spelling and grammar and include any relevant experience, hobbies/interests or qualifications
- Applicants should consider the distance required to travel to the employer. Access to transport would be beneficial. For an idea of distance to travel, this link may be of use http://www.traveline.info/
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship
- Closing, interview and possible start date for this vacancy are subject to change. Interviews could commence at any time. You should apply immediately to avoid disappointment
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week)
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Dennis Eagle is a world leading supplier of Refuse Collection Trucks and UK market leader. Our experience and expertise allows us to produce pioneering Refuse Collection Vehicles fully tailored to the needs of our customers. Our in-house research and development teams strive to constantly improve our products with innovative engineering solutions to meet the tough and ever-evolving requirements of legislation and our customers. As a result, our acclaimed Refuse Collection Vehicles are exported internationally to markets as far away as Australia.
We currently service over 60% of the UK‘s councils and are Britain’s market leader with our famous ‘DENNIS’ name seen daily across UK streets. Our UK Head Office and principle manufacturing site is located in Warwick. We also manufacture in Blackpool where our cabs are produced. We provide industry leading Aftermarket support solutions with service centres across the UK. Our success and market share can equally be attributed to our core values as our product; Dennis Eagle strives to offer high levels of customer attention, full life-cycle vehicle support and always seeks to exceed expectations. We take our role as a key player in the waste management industry very seriously: our commitment to our environmental responsibilities drives us to invest in more efficient factories, production techniques and vehicles.
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by S&B Automotive Academy Ltd
Luke Morison 07398 092218 email@example.com
S&B Automotive Academy is a Specialist Automotive Apprenticeship Training Provider located in Bedminster, Bristol. S&B works in partnership with Dennis Eagle to deliver the apprenticeship, that concludes an end point assessment.
Training is delivered in the workplace and via six one-week college blocks per year at S&B Automotive Academy. The apprentice will be assigned a workplace mentor and a college mentor who will offer support, advice and guidance by monitoring progress through the use of electronic logbook which both employer and the apprentice will have access to 24/7 365 days a year.
The apprentice will work towards the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
Vehicle damage paint technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.