Kia Parts Advisor Apprentice Marshall Kia
Would you like a career as a Parts Advisor working for Kia. Duties include: Liaising with customer, suppliers and mechanics to order car parts.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
22 Nov 2021
15 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
re you passionate about a long-term career within the automotive industry? Do you strive to deliver excellent customer service? Do you want to join the UK's most exciting and dynamic car brand whose company ethos is "Family-like Care"? If the answer is "yes" then the Kia Apprenticeship Programme could be the career route for you. Marshall Of Scunthorpe are currently seeking a Parts Advisor Apprentice to join their dealership.
This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Ordering car parts using on-line systems
- Chasing up missing or incorrect parts with suppliers
- Packaging and returning any unused/unwanted parts
- Regular communication with mechanics
- Liaising with customers to let them know when parts have arrived Inbound and outbound telephone calls
- Advice and guidance of products
- Drive the department forward with external sales and to maximise sales at every opportunity
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times and remain courteous and police to customers
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Have a keen interest in and knowledge of the motor vehicle industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- The willingness to also undertake basic duties as part of training
- Mechanically minded
- Passionate about the automotive industry
- Forward thinking and keen to learn with an interest in development and progression
- Ability to use own initiative
- Must have a 'can do' attitude
- Polite and courteous
Minimum entry requirements: maths, English language and ICT grades A*-C (new grading 9-4) or equivalent.
There is high potential of a permanent role with the organisation upon successful completion of your apprenticeship with room for progression. Your salary shall be reviewed throughout your apprenticeship.
About the employer
Established for over 110 years, the Marshall Motor Group helps customers across Great Britain to find their next new or used car, van, bike or even a truck!
With locations spanning from Plymouth in the south to Ulverston (in the Lake District) and Scarborough in the north, the chances are that you’re within a short drive of your nearest dealership. Every single location of our 116 dealerships is committed to upholding our Six Pillars of customer service, ensuring every Marshall Motor Group customer experiences the same high quality of care at every point.
We’re proud to be one of the UK’s largest dealer networks, working with many of the most popular car brands. Whether you’re looking for an elegant executive vehicle, luxurious sports car or compact urban runaround, we’ll offer a car that more than meets your needs. As well as brand new cars, motorcycles and vans, we have a comprehensive selection of used cars and commercial vehicles available at locations across the country. Our current inventory of used models is available to browse online today. You can search for used cars in your area or by the brand of your choice.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Nottingham College
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
You will be required to attend the Kia Academy Training Centre in Nottingham for your 'Block Release' Training. This will involve 4 separate 1 week blocks of training per 12 months of your apprenticeship. This is funded as part of your apprenticeship and will include hotel stay, subsistence and travel. Service Advisor, Intermediate Apprenticeship (1 year).
Standard Training will include:
- Nationally recognised qualifications IMI level 2 Certificate in Customer Service for the Automotive Industry
- ATA Accreditation
- Customer Service Advisor
- Bespoke Kia off-the-job training including certification to 'Silver' level
- Service Advisor Regular in dealer review and assessment visits
- Functional skills if needed
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.