Creative Venue Technician Apprentice The Space - Somerset Performing Arts Centre for Education
The role involves supporting the technical team, students and visiting companies during the day-to-day running of the building. This involves working with ICT (Apple Mac based), technical theatre equipment and some paperwork. You will also be involved in costume and set design.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
13 Sep 2021
14 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Operating under the direction and supervision of a production arts technical management team
- Provide technical support for the construction, rehearsal, presentation and removal of a live performance, for audience or camera
- Play an active role in the technical operation across a variety of established creative venues, for example, theatres, arts centres and broadcast studios
- Will be multi-skilled across a wide range of technical disciplines and possess a broad level of knowledge relevant to the diverse environment in which they operate
Requirements and prospects
You will need to:
- Be able to use IT equipment and systems
- Be a confident communicator
- Have technical proficiency in preparing for and running shows and events, preferably including rigging, focussing and operating lighting, sound and AV and/or constructing set items
- Adhere to H&S at all times
You will need to demonstrate:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to receive instructions
- Ability to undertake periods of sustained physical work
- Able to follow organisational policies on safety and behaviour
- Desire to engage and lead students in delivery of AV in productions and events
- Creative minded
Candidates must have GCSE’s in the 4 to 9 (A* to C) range or equivalent for English and maths. The successful candidate will also need to complete an initial assessment, which will help us plan the appropriate support required to meet your individual needs.
Gaining valuable experience to progress within the industry.
Things to consider
Evening and weekend performances. Travelling to and from the theatre.
About the employer
Bridgwater & Taunton College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bridgwater & Taunton College
Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard No 229 in Creative Venue Technician:
- Level 3 Creative Venue Technician - Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours
- Edexcel L2 Functional Skills English and Maths (exemptions apply)
The successful candidate will also need to complete an initial assessment, which will help us plan the appropriate support required to meet your individual needs.
Creative venue technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.