Apprentice Supply Chain Warehouse Operative TEXITALIA LTD
We are a fast-growing online fabric retailer looking for candidates that would like to grow together with the company, starting from warehouse operators. If you like and commit to the business environment and meet our ideal standards, we will be happy to offer you a future within the business.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
10 Nov 2021
13 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
The chosen candidate will be working for an online retail company selling fabrics to businesses and individuals.
Below are some key responsibilities that we will support you in achieving:
- Be responsible for maintaining Health and Safety requirements at all times
- Use correct procedures to take deliveries and record receiving goods. Check for missing or damage items and escalate any eventual issues
- Safely operate techniques to standard of equipment and machinery and know where to find instructions/guidance, bearing in mind the consequences of incorrect use. Will also be responsible for the daily and periodically care and maintenance of the equipment/machinery
- Sort customers’ personalised orders into different categories by establishing the priority orders and organise them by type of fabric and colour. Will then decide and set the daily scheduled plan and make sure that all the orders have been processed, prepared, packed and dispatched within the time frame
- Picking and packing orders in a safe and efficient way. Select, prepare and use packaging materials appropriate to the job efficiently and in a way which reduces waste, costs and environmental impact
- Pre-cut and organise sampling swatches for customer to appreciate our quality products and facilitate sales
- Record and manage of the stock, perform inventory of items and be aware of correct procedures for customer’s return and exchange policy
- Promote core value of the business by delivering excellent customer service to customers, colleagues and third parties, by identifying needs and responding appropriately in line with situation and organisational style and by providing a quality service that encourages repeat business. Also acknowledge the importance of the organisation reputation and what can affect it and how their own performance can contribute to organisational success and support or impact on others
- Use of warehouse systems relating to sorting orders, packaging, moving and receiving stock (within a warehouse environment to facilitate the safe manual handling of goods)
- Use IT applications and other relevant technology and systems, including warehousing management, data capture and inventory management to ensure the correct and efficient processing of goods
- Work effectively in a warehousing team, including when under pressure, and to agreed deadlines and adapt to change in line with customer needs or circumstances
- Proposes and promotes changes to systems, processes and technology used in the industry, particularly relating to own role; how to keep up to date with any changes in the systems, processes and technology that affect their role
- Maintaining a safe and hygienic environment by cleaning and keeping warehouse tidy to reduce the risk of accidents and to promote a clean environment to work in
Requirements and prospects
- Fast learner
- Working in autonomy and in a team
- Good communication skills
- Time Keeping
- GCSE Maths & English at 9-4, A*-C or Equivalent
- Once the candidate has completed their apprenticeship successfully. A permanent full time job offer will be proposed to the candidates who followed the companies’ ideals. These candidates will be the integral part of the company’s success
Things to consider
- As states before, our business is quickly growing so new skills and mansions will rise with time to promote the growth of the business
- The job also involves the movement of rolls of fabric up to 20 kgs and repetitive movements
About the employer
Fabriques is one of the fastest growing fabric retail company in the UK selling fabrics to over 200 UK small businesses.
Fabriques is run by the 2 business partners and the selected candidates will be the first employees to join the company. We will initially work with you to teach you the mansions till you feel confident working in autonomy.
The company warehouse is based in Horden soon to be moved to a bigger warehouse with optimum capacity.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Sunderland College
- Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.