Warehouse & Logistics Operative/Driver Apprenticeship World Link
Warehouse duties ranging from picking, packing, shelving and backup driver to the transport team. In addition use of admin software, customer services and purchasing. Lots of variety and scope to learn and develop into multiple roles. A lot will be dependent on the candidates interest and own abilities, as we have lots to show you.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2021
14 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
An average day from point of arrival;
- Get straight in to processing orders which have arrived
- Start planning picking and packing schedule, and of course get involved in picking & packing
- Identify stocks which need to be ordered, and prepare orders based on forecast of sales
- Don’t forget goods in; deliveries coming into us
- Check and scan in goods on arrival to us
- Stock rotate where needed and shelve goods in
- Continuously manage the warehouse to maximise space efficiently
- All at the same time handle phone calls coming in from our drivers, customers and suppliers
- Be prepared to get involved in small projects, including website development, starting our amazon shop, and working on our product catalogue
- As a backup driver you maybe asked to support the transport team for the whole day or part of the day.
If you like to be busy, get involved in lots of activities, work in a small team and be part of a company where your contribution means a lot to the end product, then join us!!!
We need candidate(s) who want to develop, learn and be more than just another number on the company’s payroll.
If you like the bigger challenges, wish to work outside of your comfort zone, and want to be the best you can each day, then don’t join the ‘A’ Team, instead come and join the ‘World Link’ Team.
We look forward to meeting all those who meet the above criteria, because we will do our best to bring out the best in you!!!
Requirements and prospects
Basic MS Office skills (in particular Excel), good communicator, Full Clean driving licence over 5 years old & over the age of 25 years (for the purposes of Vehicle Insurance)
Fast learner, honest, hard worker, punctual, ready for challenges, team player.
GCSE Maths & English 5 & above
Please be advised that your personal details will be passed onto the employer if you are successful.
Leading onto a full time role within the business.
Things to consider
Working in small team of 3 – 5
About the employer
Wholesalers dealing with non-food products ranging from OTC medicines, toiletries and cleaning products.
WEIR TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Weir Training Ltd
Kerry Hodgson 01932 567626 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
The candidate will complete an apprenticeship within the agreed subject for the vacancy. This may include a BTEC Diploma/Standard and End Point Assessment. It may also include Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT.
This will be delivered by Weir Training Limited.
All training will be on the job with lots of practical experience.
- Use of pump trucks
- Lifting techniques
- Stock Management
- Picking & packing
- Sage Software usage
- MS Office in particular Excel
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.