Planning Apprentice Boston Borough Council
Boston Borough Council are looking to recruit an enthusiastic person to their Planning Department.
Closing date: 03 Aug 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
16 Aug 2021
14 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties to include:
- To assist in the provision of general clerical and administration support to the service area
- To maintain appropriate records on all computerised and manual systems
- To answer incoming calls to the section you are working in courteously and efficiently
- To undertake postal duties including the processing of incoming and outgoing mail in an efficient manner
- To assist with the preparation and distribution of corporate documents / presentation material / customer information
- To develop a working knowledge of the support service functions carried out by the Administrators within the section as part of ongoing development
- To carry out any other duties assigned from time to time as appropriate which are broadly consistent with the functions and grading of the post
Requirements and prospects
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Good Communication Skills
- Basic computer literacy in Microsoft products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Polite & courteous telephone manner
- Good organisational skills
- Flexible attitude
- Team player
- Attention to detail
GCSE passes (grade A-C / 4 - 7) or equivalent in maths and English.
May be potential to progress to the next level of qualification.
Things to consider
We work in a sensitive and confidential environment – the apprentice must adhere to this at all times both inside and outside of work.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are committed to providing quality public services that provide value for money for our residents.
We believe that the recruitment and retention of high-quality staff is vital to our success and so we take care of our staff offering a range of flexible and family friendly working arrangements and a package of employee benefits.
We aim to create a positive working environment enabling our employees to work to their full potential and achieve a healthy work/ life balance.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by First College
Jude Ingram 01507 601122 email@example.com
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Standard
- Functional Skills English if required
- Functional Skills maths if required
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.