Planning Enforcement Apprentice East Lindsey District Council
East Lindsey District Council are looking to recruit an enthusiastic person to the role of Planning Enforcement Apprentice.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
09 Nov 2021
14 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties to include:
- To support the service in providing effective Planning Services Administration
- Share responsibility for planning services internal and external post; including the receipt and making up of applications; scanning and distribution of other correspondence
- To be an operator of the respective planning application management computer system
- To assist with setting enforcement cases up for investigation, sending out letters/emails to customers, carrying out site history searches, monitoring the enforcement inbox, maintaining the Enforcement Register and overlays
- Responsibility for the scanning in documentation into the respective planning application management system
- Take and deal with minor telephone queries in connection with planning enforcement, including giving advice concerning breaches of the planning regulations
- Provide basic enforcement advice to customers including alleged offenders, complainants, members, developers and other interested parties both verbally and in writing
- Answer correspondence appertaining to breaches of planning legislation which do not involve a site visit
- To provide general administrative support and assistance with projects where required within the wider ‘Growth’ directorate, in agreement with the relevant Service Manager
Requirements and prospects
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Basic computer literacy in Microsoft products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good communication skills
- Polite & courteous telephone manner
- Good organisational skills
- Good Communication Skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Attention to detail
- Team player
GCSE passes (grade A-C / 4-7) or equivalent in English and maths.
The potential to go onto the next level of qualification.
Things to consider
We work in a sensitive and confidential environment – the apprentice must adhere to this at all times both inside and outside of work.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We believe work should be enjoyable, challenging and rewarding and we work hard to create an environment in which you are supported to achieve your potential.
We are a modern, ambitious, professional and outward-looking local authority who celebrates diversity and actively pursues continuous improvement in everything we do. We also believe that listening to what you say about your job and the council is important to improving the services we provide.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by First College
Jude Ingram 01507 601122 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Standard
- Functional Skills English if required
- Functional Skills maths if required
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.