Early Years Practitioner Apprentice Time For Nursery
We are seeking someone who is compassionate and patient, who have the desire to work with children and wants to make a difference. As an apprentice, you will be caring for preschool children, organising fun activities, preparing snacks and meals, monitoring children's safety, engaging with play and contributing to planned programmes of activities.
Closing date: 15 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
16 Nov 2021
13 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will be helping to oversee, maintain and organise a clean, tidy, child-friendly environment, supervise activities, such as messy play, crafts, cooking, reading and outdoor/physical pursuits.
You will also plan, observe and keep records that inform parents and carers about their child’s day.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Feeding suitable meals, snacks and drink
- Changing nappies or helping with potty/toilet training
- Teaching general life skills, such as basic hygiene and manners
- To give support to other personnel in the nursery
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Ability to deliver high quality customer service at all times
- Interested and keen to work within childcare
- Professional, polite, and positive
- Warm and caring personality
- Intuitive and enthusiastic
4 GCSEs at grades A*-D/9-3 (or equivalent) including maths and English.
Candidates who have not attended an Apprenticeship Interview at LMC prior to interview must achieve at least a Level 1 on the Initial Assessment to be complete prior to enrolment.
Upon successful completion a career within Childcare may be available.
Things to consider
- Subject to DBS Check
About the employer
We are family run and are totally committed in providing a safe place where your children will be stimulated by play, education and interaction. We ensure a happy, friendly, caring environment where your child will have fun, be motivated and encouraged to fulfil their potential.
LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lancaster & Morecambe College
Mhairi MacVicar 01524521483 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Relevant training will be provided through Lancaster and Morecambe College in order to successfully complete this apprenticeship, subject to attending an Apprenticeship Preparation Training session at Lancaster and Morecambe College.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.