Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprentice O-I GLASS LIMITED
Our Engineering Apprentices have the opportunity to rotate through all the Engineering functions with shorter placements in production teams so they have a full process knowledge.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
03 Nov 2021
23 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Joining our Apprenticeship scheme you will have the support from our current Apprentices as well as our Supervisory / Managers many of whom have progress to their current positions through O-I Apprenticeships. You will have the ability to experience engineering activities in a number of different environments, this is not a workshop based role and you will have the opportunity to be involved with production tasks. When not attending College you will have 6 – 7 month placements in the different engineering functions enabling you to focus on developing different skills and experiences.
- Liaising with the company managers to ensure production is on target
- Recognising our customers and help then with the service they require
- Familiarising with our machinery and learning how to recognise faults
- Day to day help with management
- Learning new skills within the office including financial aspects
- Learning how the company works
Requirements and prospects
- Experience of using hand tools
- Strong communication skills
- Safety focus Interest in Engineering or Manufacturing
- Ability to work under pressure
- Candidates must have already achieved GCSE maths and English A*-C+ or grade 9-5 or equivalent
- Day Engineer position
Things to consider
- Are you able to travel to work easily and is this affordable?
About the employer
We are a glass bottle manufacturer. Within the Harlow plant we focus on the production of amber glass for the beer segment. Glass production is 24 hours a day, 365 days a year – so a continuous manufacturing process.
O-I GLASS LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chelmsford College
David Cornwell 01245 293119
All apprentices will be required to achieve as a minimum:
- An employer approved Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Technical Knowledge qualification
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking end point assessment
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.