Apprentice Pharmaceutical Assistant Benjamin Pharmacy Ltd
Working as an assistant in a Pharmacy, serving customers in the local community. Advising on over-the-counter medication and assisting in dispensary.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
15 Nov 2021
13 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
- Reading prescriptions, labelling and dispensing prescribed medicines
- Calculating quantities and doses of medicines
- Providing information and advice to patients on how to use their medication
- Advising members of the public about over-the-counter (non-prescribed) medicines and management of minor ailments
- Selling over-the-counter medicines and other items stocked by the chemist
- Promoting other services offered by the pharmacy
- Stock procurement and control
- Maintaining individual records of patient’s prescriptions, usually using the pharmacy computer system
- The job description will be reviewed with the pharmacists and the apprentice before starting their post
Requirements and prospects
- Customer service skills
- Experience of health care or social care (desirable)
- Work experience in dealing with customers (desirable)
- Good at maths, English and ICT
- Accurate and observant, with an attention to detail
- Good communicators, friendly, patient and helpful
- Organised, responsible and careful, particularly when dealing with prescribed and non-prescribed medication on the premises
- Able to work within a professional code of ethics and keep information private, as they deal with sensitive information about people
- Must be willing and able to take direction
- Able to work as part of a small team
- Smart/professional presentation in the workplace
Good level of English and maths, equivalent to GCSE grade A*-C/9-4.
To be reviewed on completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
The successful candidate will be required to attend Barking & Dagenham college on a day release basis.
About the employer
Community pharmacy in London, E4.
Benjamin Pharmacy Ltd
BARKING AND DAGENHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barking and Dagenham College
Lynn Parsonage email@example.com
- Health Pharmacy Services Level 2
- NVQ Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills
- Certificate in Pharmaceutical Science
- Functional skills if required
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.