Apprentice – Business Administration (Commercial Services) Level 3 Sparsholt College Hampshire
The post holder will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Commercial Services Team with specific focus on Business Development and Commercial Courses that we offer.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
15 Nov 2021
13 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- To provide efficient administrative support to the Senior Business Skills Advisor
- The post holder will also provide support to other areas at specific times as directed by line manager
- Receiving and dealing with general enquiries from delegates, members of the public and employers regarding the college’s commercial course offering via the telephone or electronic sources
- To facilitate course and trainer bookings to include but not limited to acknowledgements of bookings, invoicing, joining instructions, updating of the college’s CRM and certification
- Liaising with awarding bodies to register and certificate delegates on training courses
- To organise and facilitate the set-up, running and closure of virtual training in addition to short courses on site at Sparsholt and Andover campus
- This will include booking rooms, arranging equipment, organising refreshments and creating delegate packs
- Produce, copy, collate and distribute, as required, high quality course materials and correspondence accurately and in a timely manner
- Support the Senior Business Skills Advisor with the development and creation of the college’s Business Training Calendar
- To support the Senior Business Skills Advisor with the marketing of the College’s Business course offering by creating mailing lists
- To liaise with the marketing department to ensure the college’s Business course offering has a digital presence via social media platforms
- Develop, maintain and review effective filing systems, paper-based and electronic, for storage and prompt retrieval of information
- To establish and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external clients, staff and other relevant stakeholders
- To actively participate and contribute to regular meetings ensuring that preparation work, papers, minute/notes, actions identified from meetings are circulated and followed up
- To ensure all administration is completed timely, accurately and within agreed Quality Standards
- To work as part of a team working towards a multi-skilled environment
- Other general office duties e.g. photocopying, filing, etc.
Requirements and prospects
- Competence in the use of IT systems, including MS Office package such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience of and ability to manage competing priorities within tight deadlines
- Strong Customer focus
- Able to collect and collate information to provide reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work systematically accurately and to follow procedures
- Ability to prioritise own workload & organise own time effectively to complete deadlines.
- Able to develop and maintain excellent communication, liaison and relationships with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders
- Ability to develop systems and procedures including the use of new technology to streamline tasks and improve efficiency
- Energetic and enthusiastic about learning
- Motivated to achieve an Apprenticeship in business administration at relevant level
- English and maths GCSE Grade C/4 or above or equivalent qualification
- At the end of your programme, you will be sufficiently trained to work in a busy office environment providing valuable support for the team
- The apprenticeship will give people the chance to find work in their chosen industry and to develop job-related skills, knowledge, and competency
Things to consider
- This Job Description is intended as a guide to the general duties and responsibilities of this post, which reasonably may vary from time to time according to the needs of the service. It does not form part of the terms and conditions of employment
- Further training may need to be undertaken, from time to time, to enable the candidate to fulfil the role
About the employer
Sparsholt College Hampshire has a national reputation for excellence in training and education for the land and environment. A merger with Andover College in 2007 formed one of the largest colleges in Hampshire and the combined College offers a full package for local education and training needs including 6th Form provision (A levels and BTEC qualifications), professional and vocational qualifications and Higher Education programmes.
In addition to hundreds of full and part-time courses we also offer bespoke training for business and work in partnership with public and private organisations to provide Apprenticeships across the country. The College has been recognised as an Associate College of the University of Portsmouth which validates degree programmes at the Sparsholt College campus.
Currently, the College is the only Associate College of the University of Portsmouth. We hold three Centre of Vocational Excellence Awards in Game, Wildlife, Countryside Management and Fishery Studies; Animal Management and Veterinary Nursing; and Leadership and Management and the College has also achieved the Matrix Standard accreditation for delivering information, advice and guidance services. With state-of-the-art facilities, high quality standards and a commitment to inspire learners to achieve their full potential; why choose anywhere else?
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sparsholt College Hampshire
Abi Brady 01962 797309 firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- An apprenticeship is a work-based training programme, which gives people the chance to ‘earn and learn’, to find work in their chosen industry and to develop job-related skills, knowledge and competencies through a combination of work based and off-the-job training
- You will be working full-time with day-release training once a week, when you will be working towards the apprenticeship standard and the appropriate level of functional skills
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.