Apprentice Business Administrator Inntel Ltd
To provide an efficient administrative service to Inntel. This is an entry level role to gain full understanding of our Industry with the opportunity to develop in a company that will support growth in all areas of our business including gaining experience in marketing, finance, sales, commercial and operations.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Oct 2021
21 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As part of this role you will be required to study towards the Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard at Colchester Institute.
General administrative duties including departmental support across all areas of the business, reporting, customer service, email management, project support. This is a new role for Inntel and one we hope will attract people looking to join our industry and progress into more senior roles.
The role is one of a team of administrators that share the wider duties of the role, reporting into a team leader. They will also be supported by mentors from across areas of the business with expertise in specific areas.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all company post
- Answer and manage all incoming telephone calls and allocate as appropriate
- Provide clerical support as required
- Control and maintain stock levels of office supplies
- Monitor the servers and escalate any issues
- Monitor all incoming email inboxes, responding to and forwarding on emails as required.
- Meeting and greeting clients and visitors to Inntel House
- Maintaining venue and client databases
- Processing report requests for all departments
- Support all client implementation plans as required
- Support with general review and processing of spreadsheets
- Manage travel invoicing and manual invoicing
- Provide copies of supplier payment requests
- Request copies of venue invoices
- Provide copies of commissions invoices
- Run and amend rail refund reports
- Support the Operations Team with the loading of new enquiry emails that are received directly.
- Processing amendments, confirmations and cancellations for the Meetings and Events Team
- Crosschecking contracts for the Operations Team
- Support Inntel Academy with administrative functions
- Operate the chat box function on Inntel’s booking tool
- Process VCC payments (virtual credit card) for bookings as required
- Support with an audits, H&S and compliance checks
- Support with any specific projects as required
- Management of internal meeting space and company car bookings
Requirements and prospects
- Some Knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel would be beneficial
- Ability to communicate across all level of the company
- Willingness to learn and be adaptable
- Good listening skills and ability follow procedures
- Attention to detail
- Good time keeping
- Polite and courteous
- Essential: GCSEs or equivalent, grades A*-C/9-4 including maths and English
- All candidates will be required to complete Colchester Institute's mandatory initial assessment process before being put forward to the company. This will consist of online assessments
- The Business Administrator role is an entry level role that for the right candidate could lead to other roles within our business in a multitude of areas, for example becoming a Business Travel Consultant, Finance Assistant, Meeting or Events Consultant or roles with HR, Risk, Sales, IT, Marketing or Project Management.
Things to consider
- While our office is close to both a train station and bus route, we are considered rural so candidates should consider this prior to applying.
- The role is computer based so consider the length of time spent in front of a screen when applying although we encourage wellness breaks and walking meetings etc.
- Colchester Institute – Apprenticeship Team manage the applications to this role and you will be required to complete our initial assessment process before your application gets sent onto the employer
- Please be advised that the closing date for this role could be brought forward or extended if this vacancy receives a high number or low number of applicants and/or the company recruit before the closing date.
- Whilst there are possible closing and start dates should you be available earlier this can be negotiated with the employer.
About the employer
Inntel are the UK’s largest independent meetings & travel management company, we select venues, manage events, source travel and accommodation, manage finance functions and provide many other services to our corporate clients.
We have one office, and the majority of our employees are office based, we have some home workers and a flexible working policy that enables employees to work from home in most roles. We are family run and owned
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team 01206712043 email@example.com
All delivered within the work place via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus.
Candidates will undertake the Business Administrator Level 3 apprenticeship standard.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.