IT Systems Apprentice Inntel Ltd
Providing responsive phone, email and in-person IT support to our office and remote users, grow your knowledge by supporting Windows & Apple devices along with printers, phone systems & server platforms. Elevate your skills working alongside our server systems team to maintain all aspects of onsite and Cloud based servers and infrastructure.
Closing date: 20 Dec 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Jan 2022
19 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As part of this role you will be required to study towards the Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard at Colchester Institute.
You will be providing timely and engaging IT support experiences for our busy teams, you will be building a rapport with all of the Inntel team to ensure you become an invaluable technologist within the 9 person IT team at Inntel
- You will be fixing PC issues
- Helping and guiding users to get the best from their IT
- Learning all of our IT systems, from PCs, Servers and our applications
- Following our backup and Disaster Recovery processes
- Running checks on reliability and availability of systems
- Assisting setting up our website for users
- Testing and giving feedback to our systems and development teams on software and hardware
You will be reporting to the IT Support manager.
Requirements and prospects
- An affinity with IT and the latest technology
- Ability to clearly communicate with users on the phone and in-person
- Able to prioritise reactive support needs along with recurring workloads
- Excellent knowledge of how to use Windows, MS Office applications and iPhones
- Friendly and fun
- Clear and concise
- Keen and forward thinking
- Timely and organised
- Essential: GCSEs or equivalent, grades A*-C/9-4 including maths and English
- All candidates will be required to complete Colchester Institute's mandatory initial assessment process before being put forward to the company. This will consist of online assessments
- There are ample opportunities to grow within the IT at Inntel, with our own support and software development teams, you will be able to gain real world experience of what it takes to support users, grow you server and network infrastructure knowledge or maybe dabble in website design and application development.
Things to consider
- While our office is close to both a train station and bus route, we are considered rural so candidates should consider this prior to applying.
- The role is quite computer based so consider the length of time spent in front of a screen when applying although we encourage wellness breaks and walking meetings etc.
- Colchester Institute – Apprenticeship Team manage the applications to this role and you will be required to complete our initial assessment process before your application gets sent onto the employer
- Please be advised that the closing date for this role could be brought forward or extended if this vacancy receives a high number or low number of applicants and/or the company recruit before the closing date.
- Whilst there are possible closing and start dates should you be available earlier this can be negotiated with the employer.
About the employer
Inntel are the UK’s largest independent meetings & travel management company, we select venues, manage events, source travel and accommodation, manage finance functions and provide many other services to our corporate clients.
We have one office, and the majority of our employees are office based, we have some home workers and a flexible working policy that enables employees to work from home in most roles. We are family run and owned
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team 01206712043 firstname.lastname@example.org
All delivered within the work place via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus.
Candidates will undertake the Infrastructure Technician Level 3 apprenticeship standard.
If the apprentice is not placed by 31st July then this apprenticeship standard may be different
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.