IT Apprentice Fleckney Church of England Primary School
Fleckney CE Primary School are looking for an outgoing IT Apprentice, who is able to use their initiative to join their School for their new academic term at the end of August 2021. Ideal candidates must have a passion for IT, and have a good empathy and understanding of children in order to work within a School environment.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.50
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
10 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Main duties will involve but not limited to:
- To work with children in a while class situation or with groups, providing instruction in the use of ICT
- To support and advise teaching staff in order to meet the academic needs of children by improving the quality of teaching and learning of ICT throughout the school.
- To support children’s learning in the ICT suite and the classroom, working alongside teachers.
- To promote the use and understanding of ICT within the school with staff, children and parents.
- To ensure the availability of a fully operational network, class computers and any other ICT equipment, liaising with off-site technical support where necessary.
- To liaise with the network manager and teaching staff, identifying, evaluating and developing learning resources for use in the implementation of the National Curriculum both for ICT and cross curricula teaching.
- To support the mission statement and ethos of the school.
Requirements and prospects
- Ability and willingness to undertake professional development
- Good interpersonal skills
- Empathy with children and young people
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Experience of supporting IT in a teaching and learning setting would be desirable
- Knowledge of child protection and health and safety procedures
- Knowledge of technical procedures relevant to job in order to carry out a range of tasks to a required standard
- Able to use iniaitive
- Excellent communication
- Strong IT Skills
- Empathy for working with children
GCSE Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) in Maths, English & IT.
Any offer of Apprenticeship is subject to full DBS and satisfactory references.
Things to consider
You will be required to attend Loughborough College one day per week.
About the employer
We are a large primary school of nearly 400 children in the South Leicestershire village of Fleckney.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Loughborough College
Apprenticeship Team 01509 517 151 email@example.com
You will be required to attend Loughborough College 1 day per week as part of your training.
For full information about the Apprenticeship Standard visit:
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.