Nursery Apprentice (Level 2 or Level 3) Southampton University Day Nursey
Are you looking to train in Childcare? Large nursery at Southampton University are looking for Level 2 or Level 3 Nursery apprentices to join their team (level dependant on experience). As a Nursery Apprentice, you will contribute to a high-quality caring environment for children.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
25 Oct 2021
12 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Creating warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all apprenticeship work as set by Trainer Assessor
Requirements and prospects
- Someone who ideally has some experience working with children (babies, toddlers or pre-school)
- Someone who is creative, reliable, energetic, committed and uses their initiative well
- GCSE maths and English at 4/C grade or above (or equivalent) is preferred but not essential
- Level 2 Childcare qualified candidates preferred (to complete Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship)
On completion of the Level 2 award, you may be offered the opportunity to progress onto Level 3. Once completing your Level 3 apprenticeship, you may be offered a full-time position and further training.
Things to consider
This role will involve working with children/young people so a DBS check will need to be completed.
About the employer
The Early Years Centre at the University of Southampton provides high quality childcare from birth to five years of age for students, staff and local residents.
Showcase Training LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Showcase Training Ltd
James Sproat 07715 658042 email@example.com
NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Certification for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills: English and maths at level 1 minimum (unless exempt)
- End Point Assessment
If the chosen candidate has a valid Level 2 Childcare qualification or sufficient experience in childcare, the Level 3 Standard will be offered on an 18 month basis.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.