Apprentice Teaching Assistant Malbank School & Sixth Form College
Overall Responsibilities: After receiving guidance and training: To support and deliver learning activities/work programmes with students. To work 1:1 or on a small group basis with students in Connect, undertaking predetermined tasks/activities.
Closing date: 10 Jul 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
13 Jul 2022
12 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
Duties to include:
- Assist in the day to day running of Connect
- Support and familiarise new students within Connect, facilitating re-tracking programme and reintegration into lessons
- Provide effective communication between supporting staff, students and wider community including external agencies when necessary
- Maintain and update resources to ensure readily available for students/staff
- Ensure that all School policies are complied with at all times, where necessary escalate issues as required
- Work 1:1 or on a small group basis with students in Connect, undertaking predetermined tasks/activities
- Undertake research to support student learning
- Maintain and replenish department stocks as required
- To successfully complete apprenticeship training
- Provide high quality support ensuring all jobs are completed to a high standard and within the required time frame
- The post-holder is also required to undertake such other duties and training as may be required by or on behalf of Malbank School and Sixth Form College provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
Requirements and prospects
- Willingness to learn
- Is willing to work as part of a team
- Ability to read and understand instructions
- Ability to promote and support the inclusion of all pupils in the learning activities
- Good communication skills
- Portrays as a positive role model to promote ambition for students
- Good organisational skills
- Willingness to learn
- Someone who has boundless energy and a good sense of humour.
- Has knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages/Office 365
English and maths at a grade 4/C or equivalent.
Potential for full time employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
Things to consider
This post is subject to receipt of a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Certificate
Please consider how you will get too and from the position.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Malbank is a forward-thinking, innovative school that employs a dynamic approach to teaching and learning so we actively prepare our young people for the ever-changing landscape of the 21st century workplace. However, behind that modern attitude sits an appreciation of history and a deep understanding of the 450 years of tradition that has helped to build the culture and ethos that have made the school consistently successful and a cornerstone of our local community.
Connect is an inclusive whole school provision. It is available for students from year 6 as they start their transition to Malbank school from their Primary right through to the end of their time with us in Year 13. We help and support them throughout their time at Malbank watching them grow, make mistakes, laugh, shout and sometimes cry. This is all part of a youngster’s growth before they leave us to endeavour on the next leg of their life journey to further their education/enter the world of employment.
Let Me Play Ltd
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Let Me Play Ltd
Stephanie Unitt 07464798353 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard
- Functional Skills if required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.