Early Years Apprentice King Edward Road Nursery
Exciting opportunities across the West Somerset Academies Trust. Are you caring and compassionate? Wanting to make a difference to young children’s lives? Apply now to start your career as an Early Years Apprentice at King Edward Road Nursery, and earn while you learn.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
12 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
This role may be closed early if a sufficient number of applications are received.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with children and families
- Assisting in the provision of a high-quality nursery, that adheres to EYFS and OFSTED requirements through planning, effective room organisation and provision of Early Years Resources, developing a high-quality play environment both indoors and outdoors which meets each child’s individual needs, in accordance with the areas of learning and development, and characteristics of effective learning
- Taking care of children’s personal needs and encouraging self-help and social skills
- Taking any action required to ensure the safety and welfare of children and reporting any concern immediately to the Safeguarding Lead
Requirements and prospects
The ability to support and encourage children within a nursery environment is essential. You must be able to listen to, and interact with children in a warm and sensitive manner. You must work well within our team. You must be able to uphold nursery policies in order to ensure the very highest of standards are being provided for our children.
- Excellent communicator written and oral
- Neat and professional appearance
- Competence to work towards legal statutory requirements and company policies
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
English and maths GCSE A-C/9-4 or equivalent.
- Progression to the advanced apprenticeship Early Years Educator
- Possibility of permanent employment
Things to consider
Please consider how you will travel to the place of work, particularly if you rely on public transport.
About the employer
A busy thriving Day Nursery and pre-school. We continue to offer day care alongside pre-school and holiday club for children aged 5-12 years. King Edward Road Nursery is part of the West Somerset Academies Trust.
The Nursery has a comprehensive security system which comprises double entry doors with security passes. The premises has undergone extensive renovation with the pleasing result of all rooms being light and airy. The front garden has been resurfaced and now has an amazing purpose built mud kitchen for the children to explore. Minehead Middle school has given the nursery unrestricted use of the field opposite and sensory garden enabling the children to create opportunities to build dens, freedom to run and explore.
King Edward Road Nursery recognises parents as the first and most important educators of their children. This is why we feel it is so important to work in partnership with you to provide the very best care for your child.
SOMERSET SKILLS & LEARNING CIC
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Somerset Skills & Learning
Chelsea Edwards 07976 981937 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
- End Point Assessment – Knowledge Test and Professional Discussion
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.