Care Worker Apprentices Gainford Carehome
To deliver outstanding care to our residents alongside other care staff plus seniors or nurses. Taking pride in the treatment of patients and making their experience as comfortable and happy as possible. Complete daily notes and other necessary documentation.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Feb 2022
10 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
At Lindisfarne Crawcrook we pride ourselves on the care we provide for our residents. As a care worker, you will be involved in the following duties;
- Promote and maintain independence within the supported living environment.
- Support with daily living skills including personal care. This could mean helping the residents move around, helping with meal times, helping with personal hygiene.
- Support the delivery of a person centred care plan which will include tasks such as managing personal finances, accessing community and educational and employment facilities.
- Undertake accurate reporting to support the care planning process.
- Dealing with family of residents and visitors in a professional manner.
- Complete daily notes and other necessary documentation.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Any previous care experience would be advantageous but not essential as everything will be taught.
- Hard working
- Friendly / approachable
GCSE (or equivalent) grade A-C in Maths and English would be advantageous but not essential. There are minimum entry requirements for the apprenticeship programme, and you will be assessed on English and Maths at interview.
Progression in your role, training and going on to complete further qualifications. Once the apprenticeship is complete, salary will rise to £9 per hour.
Things to consider
Once you have successfully completed your apprenticeship your wage will rise to £9 per hour.
About the employer
Lindisfarne Crawcrook is a dual registered care home that provides nursing, personal and social care for over-65s who are experiencing difficulties with orientation, confusion or memory loss.
We now also have Male Units at Lindisfarne Crawcrook.
Originally opened in January 2000, Lindisfarne Crawcrook is a purpose-built care home with 60 bedrooms set across two floors.
The home is situated in the quiet mining village of Crawcrook, within walking distance of many local amenities including cafes, public houses, churches and a library. It is situated near to the main high street, close to all transport links.
Lindisfarne Crawcrook offers a homely, safe and comfortable environment that promotes independence and choice, whilst maintaining privacy and dignity. The home is tastefully decorated and boasts several lounges, all of which offer televisions, videos and music centres, in addition to books, magazines and daily newspapers. The home also has a patio and garden with full disabled access, the home & gardens are accessible to all tenants.
With events and daily activities, guests will feel instantly at home. Friends and families are always welcome to visit and participate in social events.
The home has a committed team with a detailed understanding of the unique nature of Dementia and how best to work with this. This ensures residents are always content and comfortable.
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Emma Norbury 01915185587 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required - if not required, Maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam.
- Preparation for End Point Assessment.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.