Apprentice Digital Marketing Assistant P D CONSULTANTS UK LIMITED
The apprentice will assist in the development of our digital. They will learn basic coding so they can update websites and implement SEO to ensure our websites are positioned well in Google. The apprentice will also work on social media, gain a brief understanding of PPC, and learn the importance of working to the user’s needs.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
19 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
As part of this role you will be required to study towards the Digital Marketer Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard at Colchester Institute.
The apprentice will be responsible for:
- Adding to our backlink profile on a daily basis
- Overseeing the creation of content onto our websites
- Conducting keyword research to assist in planning content
- Using industry tools to analyse website performance
- Creating and maintaining social media profiles to see if we can benefit from a strong social media presence
- Completing administrative duties to assist with performance analysis
The apprentice will be a part of the marketing team and will report directly to Head of Marketing, as well as discussing work with the other members of the marketing team. They will also develop working relationships with all members of staff as they will assist with any IT/technology related issues that other members of staff face. This could include liaising with the internet/phone company when our services go down, to providing login details to staff members.
The apprentice will gain knowledge and skills from their course as well as the Head of Marketing and we would like to encourage the apprentice to put forward and discuss new ideas to help move the company forward.
Requirements and prospects
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word (Excel macros would be a bonus)
- Basic knowledge of PHP & HTML
- Knowledge of multiple social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook etc.)
- Wants to build a career
- Essential: 5 GCSE’s A*-C/9-4 including English and maths and an IT related subject or equivalent
- Any other digital marketing related short courses/qualifications would be a bonus
- All candidates will be required to complete Colchester Institute's mandatory initial assessment process before being put forward to the company. This will consist of online assessments
- The apprentice will have the opportunity to earn commission after the apprenticeship is completed, and dependent upon how the apprentice handles their workload when they have completed their apprenticeship, they will have the opportunity to gain further qualifications in the industry. For example, Digital Marketing Institute courses, Google Certified etc.
Things to consider
- The apprentice may be able to work from home for one day per week which will count as their allotted time to complete apprenticeship activities. This will be discussed
- The candidate must drive or have the ability to be dropped off, as our office cannot be reached by public transport and the road is not particularly suitable for walking
- This role is office based and will involve working on a computer for the majority of the day
- Colchester Institute – Apprenticeship Team manage the applications to this role and you will be required to complete our initial assessment process before your application gets sent onto the employer
- Please be advised that the closing date for this role could be brought forward or extended if this vacancy receives a high number or low number of applicants and/or the company recruit before the closing date
- Whilst there are possible closing and start dates should you be available earlier this can be negotiated with the employer
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We are a private investigator that covers the whole of the UK. We are a small office based in Little Braxted and then we have operatives throughout the UK.
The office is fairly young as the current owner has taken over the business in the past couple of years and the previous owners have stepped away. This has meant that current staff have had the opportunity to step up in their job role, which is why I am now looking for an apprentice to assist me and my other team member in pushing the business forward in terms of marketing.
The company deals with a range of clients from corporate to matrimonial, so everyone in this office can be privy to information that could potentially be about someone they know or someone in the public eye. Therefore, it is important to understand confidentiality for our clients and when/where it is appropriate to discuss such information.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
Colchester Institute - Apprenticeship Team 01206712043 firstname.lastname@example.org
- All delivered within the work place via online training and at Colchester Institute Campus
- Candidates will undertake the Digital Marketer Level 3 apprenticeship standard
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.