Care Worker Apprentices The Grove
To deliver outstanding care to our residents alongside other care staff plus seniors or nurses. Taking pride in the treatment of patients and making their experience as comfortable and happy as possible. Complete daily notes and other necessary documentation.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
07 Dec 2022
10 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
At The Grove we pride ourselves on the care we provide for our residents. As a care worker, you will be involved in the following duties;
- Promote and maintain independence within the supported living environment.
- Support with daily living skills including personal care. This could mean helping the residents move around, helping with meal times, helping with personal hygiene.
- Support the delivery of a person centred care plan which will include tasks such as managing personal finances, accessing community and educational and employment facilities.
- Undertake accurate reporting to support the care planning process.
- Dealing with family of residents and visitors in a professional manner.
- Complete daily notes and other necessary documentation.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Any previous care experience would be advantageous but not essential as everything will be taught.
- Hard working
- Friendly / approachable
GCSE (or equivalent) grade A-C in Maths and English would be advantageous but not essential. There are minimum entry requirements for the apprenticeship programme, and you will be assessed on English and Maths at interview.
Progression in your role, training and going on to complete further qualifications. Once the apprenticeship is complete, salary will rise to £9 per hour.
Things to consider
Once you have successfully completed your apprenticeship your wage will rise to £9 per hour.
About the employer
The Grove is a converted hotel-style property that provides short breaks to over-18s with learning disabilities. Offering 24-hour support, The Grove is ideal for those looking for relaxation or respite, offering a variety of social, recreational and therapeutic activities and entertainment.
Situated in its own private grounds in the centre of Old Birtley, The Grove is easily accessible and close to all main transport links and amenities in Gateshead, Newcastle and Durham. The main house has eight ensuite bedrooms, two lounges and a kitchen area.
With full disabled access, two of the downstairs bedrooms also have ceiling tracking to allow ease of movement for those who require support. The home’s main bathroom also offers tracking over a modified bath and an adapted shower to accommodate a cradle or chair.
Guests come to The Grove for a range of reasons and the home can accommodate for all. Offering two lounges, guests can relax and enjoy an environment that most suits their needs and mood.
There are two lounges: The Main Lounge and The Quiet Lounge. Both rooms offer individual facilities including a video and DVD player, games console and flat screen television. Most of residents’ socialising time is spent in these lounges.
All meals are provided and guests have access to tea and coffee-making facilities at all times.
The Grove offers a full programme of events and trips, and guests are encouraged to participate in as much or as little as they like.
Every guest at The Grove will receive a Service Plan to ensure they receive the high standard of care associated with Gainford Care Homes.
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Emma Norbury 01915185587 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required - if not required, Maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam.
- Preparation for End Point Assessment.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.