Care Worker Apprentices Gainford Care Homes Ltd
To deliver outstanding care to our residents alongside other care staff plus seniors or nurses. Taking pride in the treatment of patients and making their experience as comfortable and happy as possible. Complete daily notes and other necessary documentation.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
10 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
At Newton Hall we pride ourselves on the care we provide for our residents. As a care worker, you will be involved in the following duties;
- Promote and maintain independence within the supported living environment.
- Support with daily living skills including personal care. This could mean helping the residents move around, helping with meal times, helping with personal hygiene.
- Support the delivery of a person centred care plan which will include tasks such as managing personal finances, accessing community and educational and employment facilities.
- Undertake accurate reporting to support the care planning process.
- Dealing with family of residents and visitors in a professional manner.
- Complete daily notes and other necessary documentation.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Any previous care experience would be advantageous but not essential as everything will be taught.
- Hard working
- Friendly / approachable
GCSE (or equivalent) grade A-C in Maths and English would be advantageous but not essential. There are minimum entry requirements for the apprenticeship programme, and you will be assessed on English and Maths at interview.
Progression in your role, training and going on to complete further qualifications. Once the apprenticeship is complete, salary will rise to £9 per hour.
Things to consider
Once you have successfully completed your apprenticeship your wage will rise to £9 per hour.
About the employer
Newton Hall is one of our newest care homes located near to the picturesque city of Durham, the home is close to all local amenities.
Housing 61 rooms, the home is tastefully decorated to provide a comfortable, happy environment.
Newton Hall has all of the modern facilities you’d expect from a care home, including plasma televisions in all bedrooms and lounges, a beauty salon and dining rooms. It also has large gardens including a sensory garden to allow guests to enjoy the outdoor space.
Offering nursing and care for those with physical disabilities, Newton Hall has a dedicated team of staff who ensure all residents’ needs are adhered to. There is also a regular programme of activities to encourage guests to socialise and enjoy the company of other residents.
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Emma Norbury 01915185587 email@example.com
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required - if not required, Maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam.
- Preparation for End Point Assessment.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.