Care Worker Apprentices Gainford Care Homes Ltd
To deliver outstanding care to our residents alongside other care staff plus seniors or nurses. Taking pride in the treatment of patients and making their experience as comfortable and happy as possible. Complete daily notes and other necessary documentation.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
10 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
At Lindisfarne Throckley we pride ourselves on the care we provide for our residents. As a care worker, you will be involved in the following duties;
- Promote and maintain independence within the supported living environment.
- Support with daily living skills including personal care. This could mean helping the residents move around, helping with meal times, helping with personal hygiene.
- Support the delivery of a person centred care plan which will include tasks such as managing personal finances, accessing community and educational and employment facilities.
- Undertake accurate reporting to support the care planning process.
- Dealing with family of residents and visitors in a professional manner.
- Complete daily notes and other necessary documentation.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Any previous care experience would be advantageous but not essential as everything will be taught.
- Hard working
- Friendly / approachable
GCSE (or equivalent) grade A-C in Maths and English would be advantageous but not essential. There are minimum entry requirements for the apprenticeship programme, and you will be assessed on English and Maths at interview.
Progression in your role, training and going on to complete further qualifications. Once the apprenticeship is complete, salary will rise to £9 per hour.
About the employer
Open since July 2010, Lindisfarne Throckley is a Grade one, five star, purpose-built home specialising in nursing and residential care of those suffering from Dementia and young physical disabilities.
Lindisfarne Throckley also offers general nursing and residential care.
The home provides spacious, comfortable accommodation and consists of 60 rooms over three floors, all with ensuite, LCD flat screen televisions and individual thermostatic heating controls for personal comfort.
All food is cooked by a team of chefs who take into account all dietary requirements and requests. There is a full nutritious menu that changes daily.
Lindisfarne Throckley is a fully friendly dementia environment.
Staffed with fully qualified professionals who offer a personal-centred approach to care. The home also boasts many specialists to ensure that all residents are fully looked after.
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Emma Norbury 01915185587 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required - if not required, Maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam.
- Preparation for End Point Assessment.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.