Care Worker Apprentices Gainford Carehomes
To deliver outstanding care to our residents alongside other care staff plus seniors or nurses. Taking pride in the treatment of patients and making their experience as comfortable and happy as possible. Complete daily notes and other necessary documentation.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
10 Jul 2021
Level 2 (GCSE)
At Lindisfarne Newton Aycliffe we pride ourselves on the care we provide for our residents. As a care worker, you will be involved in the following duties;
- Promote and maintain independence within the supported living environment.
- Support with daily living skills including personal care. This could mean helping the residents move around, helping with meal times, helping with personal hygiene.
- Support the delivery of a person centred care plan which will include tasks such as managing personal finances, accessing community and educational and employment facilities.
- Undertake accurate reporting to support the care planning process.
- Dealing with family of residents and visitors in a professional manner.
- Complete daily notes and other necessary documentation.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Good organisational skills
- Any previous care experience would be advantageous but not essential as everything will be taught.
- Hard working
- Friendly / approachable
GCSE (or equivalent) grade A-C in maths and English would be advantageous but not essential. There are minimum entry requirements for the apprenticeship programme, and you will be assessed on English and maths at interview.
Progression in your role, training and going on to complete further qualifications. Once the apprenticeship is complete, salary will rise to £9 per hour.
About the employer
Open since December 2008, Lindisfarne Newton Aycliffe is a five star, purpose-built home specialising in the care of those suffering from Dementia and mental health issues, as well as general residential and nursing care.
The home consists of 56 ensuite rooms over three floors. Staffed by fully qualified professionals, the home also offers fully equipped television, quiet and sensory lounges, daily activities, library facilities, a hair and beauty salon, full laundry service and safe, landscaped gardens with seating areas. All communal areas inside the home are fitted with motion activated lighting systems for ease and safety.
Lindisfarne Newton Aycliffe’s dining facilities offer varied menus of nutritious, home-cooked food prepared on-site, which relatives are welcome to share with residents.
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by East Durham College
Emma Norbury 01915185587 email@example.com
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required - if not required, Maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam.
- Preparation for End Point Assessment.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.