Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Synergy Dental Care Ltd
We are a busy independent, private dental practice based in Stoke-on-Trent. We are a forward-thinking progressive, growing business, that has created a working environment where our team feels appreciated and valued. We are one team where everyone is given the opportunity to develop and flourish.
Closing date: 14 Nov 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
22 Nov 2021
10 Jul 2021
Level 3 (A level)
The role will include:
- Preparation of the surgery and instruments prior to surgical session
- Escorting client into surgery and preparing them for treatment
- Providing chair-side assistance during all dental procedures
- Managing the clinician's lab work, liaising with reception and dental labs as needed
- Develop and file all x-rays in line with practices systems and protocols
- Maintaining a clean environment before, during and after each surgical session
- Cleaning and sterilising all instruments after each client, adhering to practices cross infection policy
- Ensuring all clinical and hazardous waste is deposed of in the appropriate manner compliant with current medical regulations
- Ensuring that all surgical equipment is maintained as per manufacturer's instructions and are cleaned appropriately
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Undergo training as may be required to develop skills and abilities
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to provide excellent client care
- Good Organisation skills
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent time keeping
- Friendly and approachable
- Honest and reliable
- Able to use initiative
- Caring attitude
- Clean & presentable physical appearance
- Hardworking and dedicated individual
GCSE or equivalents at grade 4/C or above (or equivalent) to in English and maths are essential.
We encourage further development within the team and to explore interests and passions to enhance knowledge and skills. Over the years many of our nurses have done additional training such as radiation and dental decontamination.
Things to consider
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We understand how important your teeth are to your health, your appearance and your self-confidence.
In our practice there are no one-size-fits-all solutions; our team of dental professionals spend time with each patient finding out what matters to you and customising treatments to meet your individual needs.
Our team genuinely love dentistry, interacting with our patients, and making a difference to the way you look and feel.
TOTAL PEOPLE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Total People Ltd
- Level 3 Dental Nurse Standard
- Functional Skills if required
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.